Thread: No ones mentioned the bins yet...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Running on empty

After the lorry came round on Friday, next door phoned up to complain about them coming to a village with no bins. So 24 hours later they bought her a bin. Nobody else got one...... It's getting silly now...

cathidaw

"We-e-e-ell", as my friend David always says," I'ts maddnin' but yuv gorrer laff or yud be in y grave"
    Real BEDDUTH talk that is!
    Last edited by cathidaw; 16-05-2008 at 12:00 PM.

Imagine being an alien from a planet far more advanced than here and observing the way of life on this planet? Imagine being an alien considering moving to another planet and looking at brochures from flar flung galaxies. All the attractive and positive things are portrayed with clear and colourful pictures, then spotting the very small print regarding taxation, public transport, local councils - their services and costs etc then searching on the IGW (Inter Galaxy Web) for local information and finding all the forums regarding these things? In the words of "Mork from Ork" they would likely say... "Nanoo! Nanoo!!"
    Cool

Running on empty

At the moment I think I'd take my chances with the Probulator....

Running on empty

Latest news- My address has been given to someone who may, or may not, at some point in the future give me a green bin!!!!
    (I can't help but wonder why they didn't know I didn't have one in the first place... )

Running on empty

Just to add insult to injury, the green bin lorry ran me off the road this morning...
    (still no green bin though...)

Had he connected with you I think it would be like getting Stagecoach to accept liability even when the evidence is stacked against them..

Is your garden big enough to dig kitchen scraps and garden waste into it? - I only have one bin at the moment and would imagine if we had several for different purposes it would become even more popular with flytippers who already plague us, in fact, a vision of a Pied Piper comes to mind to pipe them away and towards the local rubbish dump - so am assuming the green one is for garden or kitchen waste. Can someone enlighten me on that please?
    Cool

cathidaw

I relented and decided to be a good gel after all, so I put out my brand new , strong, bright Yellow recycling bag filled with cardboard and paper, and hung it on the gate.
    Next morning I happened to look out of my window and there was a council feller in yeller, rummaging through my bag, and scattering chips and fishy bits all over my drive and grass.--and greasy paper. Someone walking by the night before had popped them into the top of my bag
    By the time I 'd got dressed he'd gone and the birds were having a party.
    So it's back to normal now and I'm not going to be a good gel any more.

Pillar of the Community

Default No ones mentioned the bins yet

I just have to ttell you this. You think you've got problems in Warks. Well get a handle on this situation because I'm damned if I can.
    Our household waste bin has lived happily at the rear of our house for many years. It shares its existence in a line outside our back gate with those belonging to our neighbours. We have lived here 5 years and in the early days of the Good old British Bin man, it used to be collected from inside our garden by a chappy who would say 'morning' etc If I happened to be in the kitchen and he would empty it in the lorry and return it, carefully shutting the gate behind him as he left.That practice stopped soon after when the advent of RECYCLING was brought in and our new recycling bin was dropped off. I didn't like it at the back and not much at the front either but decided to save space, the new recycling bin would be better at the front after all, Neighbours seemed on the whole to decide a similar action. Lazy days and time went by until " weeks ago with the stinking heat on the bin I noticed a swarm of flies and looked inside to find the household bin (at the back) was still full and had not been emptied. I duely contacted the Rubbish Department by email and waited for a reply. This came with a 'curt' need to let us know within 48 hours of non collection- this has been brought to our attention outside of that timeframe' Hopping mad I replied- That's OK if your here to know of Non-collection except I wasn't. What about people who are on holiday or a weekend away etc. No answer. Then 2 days later a bang on my front door. I opened it and infront of me was a surly man in white shirt and tie with his HiViz jacket on (Why in the heat I have no idea) a clip board and pen with his ID badge flapping round his neck. He represented The Bin people but may as well have called them the 'Bin Police'. He went on about how its no good having 2 bins in different places and they need to be either at the front or either at the back not one in each place. I told him this is where the household bin has always been etc and this is what suits us and where it will remain. He left saying he'd have to consult the manual on this one but would have the bin emptied for me ahead of the next collection.The next collection is due this coming Friday- 3 days hence and I am still waiting. We have taken our more recent bin bags to our local tip now because the other one is full.I'm nearly ready to blow
    Last edited by Gladys; 07-07-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: forgot detail

Mindboggling. The powers what be probably sent a memo out to the binmen to only make one pick up from one place as part of the council drive to cut costs because it takes longer to walk around and pick up the other bin. Of course no one thinks to advise the longsuffering council tax payer.
    Cool