Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No ones mentioned the bins yet...

Running on empty

Default No ones mentioned the bins yet...

So, out with weekly black bag collections, and in with fortnightly black wheely bins alternated with green garden waste bins and recycling bins. No complaints in principle, even though we get 2 week old rubbish hanging about..
    First problem, its a green bin and recycling bin week this week, according to my nice new leaflet (got 3 of them..) trouble is, we aint got any green bins!!
    Emailed the sort it chaps, got an automated response with no useful info and thats it.
    Today was collection day, out went the recycling boxes (more in hope than expectation..) And tonight they are still full...rubbish is starting to blow round the village....
    Question is, do I leave them out (risking a £1000 fine!!) in the hope they will turn up at some point, or give up till the next expected collection on the 25th...
    Anyone care to bet on
    1. when we get a bin
    2. when it gets emptied
    3. when I get a reply to the email I just sent
    4. when someone complains about the rubbish everywhere...

(someone from the council came into my shop today looking into how long I have had lights over my shop front, as I don't have planning permission. Good to see one part of the council is switched on.. The lights have been up since the 60s, aren't used and the shop is listed so I'm not taking them down even if they tell me too... )

(someone from the council came into my shop today looking into how long I have had lights over my shop front, as I don't have planning permission. Good to see one part of the council is switched on.. The lights have been up since the 60s, aren't used and the shop is listed so I'm not taking them down even if they tell me too... )
    Smoke and mirrors is the expression that comes to mind. Divert your attention from what would seem to me to be a more important issue than lights over your doorway that aren't used isn't exactly the best way to use council tax payers money. The other concerning thought is that the lights have been there since the 1960's and wonder if this the first time they have noticed. This would give the impression there is little else to occupy their time, yet, unlike rubbish sitting around for 2 weeks, the presence of lights not in use will not encourage vermin and disease.
    Cool

Running on empty

Good news! the recycling boxes were emptied early this morning, no doubt on double time for a Saturday....
    Still no sign of a green bin though....

Wahey!
    Cool

Running on empty

Wahay indeed - It's now nearly as good as it was before they started messing about with it....

Running on empty

4 weeks on, and I have received a reply to my Email to the sort it team... an automated reply...
    Still no green bin, still no idea when. Fab
    Ironically Gloucestershire has decide not to use its green bins anymore because they don't have locks on them... so just over the border are tens of thousands of bins, just what we need, going begging. what are the chances?

cathidaw

Here in Bedworth we have had -green bin for garden waste,
    black for-up to now -anything else ,
    red box with no lid for papers, shoes, car batteries (only one at a time).glass
    Now we also have:
    reusable blue bag for-paper.
    reusable yellow bag forcardboard,
    white sack-textiles,
    orange sack off roll for plastics.

The first collection of the bags was last week. I drove to town in the afternoon.,,it was windy and most of the empty -reusable bags were blowing in the wind along Newtown Road, into gardens, the road, and stuck against trees and fences. I had thought about getting another bin to keep these bags in,but if I put the new bin out with these filled re usable bags--I was told by a council spokeswoman that the bin men will either take nothing- or my new bin as well. Depending how they feel.!!

... but they still get their Christmas bonus I presume...
    Cool

Unregistered

You wait till the new Stratford 3 Wheelie bin for everyone new arrangements starts..I can honestly say THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS FIASCO ARE A TOTAL BUNCH OF IDIOTS (albeit on final salary pension schemes and with virtually 100% job security unlike most folk in the real world!)

Running on empty

Yesterday the bin lorry came round to empty the green bins that aren't here yet...

The left hand knows what the right hand is doing I see....
    Cool

cathidaw

I have given up recycling now,except green waste, until 'they' get their act together. Also it's easier .
    The new bags were blown down the road, some other people's bags also were floating in the brook and up against the railings . I put 2 car batteries in the red box-nothing else-and they took one----policy!
    But you may put it out next week if I wish,,--(council spokeswoman condescendingly) I forgot to grovel, so she was sharp with me. Who on earth do these people think they are?
    Give some people a big hat and they grow into it!
    I suppose we are lucky in some ways. In Coventry the bin men inspect the contents first. I watched them last week in Longford when Iwas visiting.
    I bet they feel really powerful somebody's.
    Last year Iused to leave the binmen a treat every so often-for instance a big box of mince pies at Christmas-tied to the lid with a note, or a big packet of sweets--(usually because I was dieting and they were out of my sight not very altruistic I know) . We had a change of what we call 'leader of the bins' and one man said the are not supposed to take anything from householders. but did hint that if he- the leader- didn't see it they would still accept stuff.
    What rot. I'M SURE HE SHARED THE HALF TIN OF QUALITY STREET I LEFT IN JANUARY.
    I cant be bothered with this pettiness.
    Last edited by cathidaw; 15-05-2008 at 11:37 PM.

Running on empty

After the lorry came round on Friday, next door phoned up to complain about them coming to a village with no bins. So 24 hours later they bought her a bin. Nobody else got one...... It's getting silly now...

cathidaw

"We-e-e-ell", as my friend David always says," I'ts maddnin' but yuv gorrer laff or yud be in y grave"
    Real BEDDUTH talk that is!
    Last edited by cathidaw; 16-05-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Imagine being an alien from a planet far more advanced than here and observing the way of life on this planet? Imagine being an alien considering moving to another planet and looking at brochures from flar flung galaxies. All the attractive and positive things are portrayed with clear and colourful pictures, then spotting the very small print regarding taxation, public transport, local councils - their services and costs etc then searching on the IGW (Inter Galaxy Web) for local information and finding all the forums regarding these things? In the words of "Mork from Ork" they would likely say... "Nanoo! Nanoo!!"
    Cool

Running on empty

At the moment I think I'd take my chances with the Probulator....