So, out with weekly black bag collections, and in with fortnightly black wheely bins alternated with green garden waste bins and recycling bins. No complaints in principle, even though we get 2 week old rubbish hanging about..
First problem, its a green bin and recycling bin week this week, according to my nice new leaflet (got 3 of them..) trouble is, we aint got any green bins!!
Emailed the sort it chaps, got an automated response with no useful info and thats it.
Today was collection day, out went the recycling boxes (more in hope than expectation..) And tonight they are still full...rubbish is starting to blow round the village....
Question is, do I leave them out (risking a £1000 fine!!) in the hope they will turn up at some point, or give up till the next expected collection on the 25th...
Anyone care to bet on
1. when we get a bin
2. when it gets emptied
3. when I get a reply to the email I just sent
4. when someone complains about the rubbish everywhere...

(someone from the council came into my shop today looking into how long I have had lights over my shop front, as I don't have planning permission. Good to see one part of the council is switched on.. The lights have been up since the 60s, aren't used and the shop is listed so I'm not taking them down even if they tell me too... )