View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:38 pm



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Bomb Squad Called to Coventry Property 
Author Message
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
There's an interesting story behind this: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/explosives-scare-full-story-bomb-14572170


Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:59 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Posts: 9599
Location: Coventry
Reply with quote
Post 
I was listening to this on the local news this afternoon whilst Mrs R was doing the shopping. - I'm not allowed in the supermarket with her!

A couple of interesting points (may be fact or fiction) that I picked up...

The guy was a well known 'yob' and known for graffiting everywhere. But that being naughty with a rattle can was a big step away from messing with explosives.

He seemed to be somewhat a loner.

It was alleged that he had just converted to Islam.

I did notice that the programme host was treading very carefully with his words though.

_________________
Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.


Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:18 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
The suspect's been released on bail; I'm wondering if the crime under investigation isn't of the most serious kind: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-43907347


Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:23 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Posts: 9599
Location: Coventry
Reply with quote
Post 
It's the story of the 'distraction' controlled explosion so the authorities could get a goat out of the house that is still making me laugh.

_________________
Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.


Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:59 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
I thought that's what the reporter said on Midlands Today last night - I was convinced I hadn't heard correctly.


Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:08 pm
Report this post
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.