| Warwickshire Online Chat Forum https://www.warwickshireonline.com/ |
|
| £3.5 Million of Fake Goods Seized at Wellesbourne Market https://www.warwickshireonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=67&t=5860 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Lex [ Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:18 pm ] |
| Post subject: | £3.5 Million of Fake Goods Seized at Wellesbourne Market |
Unfortunately, the market has a long standing repuatation for this: http://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/news/almost-3-5-million-of-suspected-counterfeit-goods-seized-at-wellesbourne-market-1-7732829 |
|
| Author: | rebbonk [ Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:56 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Hardly helps with the present problems does it? |
|
| Author: | Lex [ Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Not really, but it never seems to stop people going. |
|
| Author: | rebbonk [ Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:55 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I used to be a regular there many years ago. There were real bargains to be had, but even then you needed to know what you were buying. On one visit, I stocked our freezer with meat for about £10 and the quality wasn't bad. |
|
| Author: | Lex [ Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:26 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
There are definitely some deals to be had, but the fake goods dealers have spoiled things somewhat for me - on the rare occasions I go I find I can't trust any of the traders. |
|
| Author: | Finebyme [ Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:14 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Never liked stuff at markets. It is not a place I go to when they are in town, except maybe the farmers market. |
|
| Author: | cathidaw [ Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:01 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I don't expect anything from markets but a fun expedition. I believe most people who go know these 'branded' goods are quite likely to be fakes if they are a decent price, I know it doesn't help the genuine traders- they moan but are still trading. I don't care, its the luck of the draw.. If they drop to bits when washed, or break easily -it is my own fault for buying . But I have bought some really good 'maybe fakes' which I still have today. MENS socks which don't stay up, or tights with 3 legs, and once, some pillow cases which were stitched all round, we all still laugh about. But I get some really good bargains. So it's pot luck. One of my bargains 5 years ago was a new-with guarantee Hoover vacuum cleaner which I use for upstairs, for £25.00, and £103 in my local Co-op.The same man still stands there with his vacs. 10 years ago I bought a 'branded' spin drier for £5 which I use occasionally and lend out if anyone needs to borrow it in emergency. Every year I expect the newspapers to tell us the police have swooped again and everyone is once again horrified. All the newspapers need is a rubber stamp to let us know it's happened again. Be adventurous- -use the markets. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|