| Warwickshire Online Chat Forum https://www.warwickshireonline.com/ |
|
| Uniersity to Open a Campus in Scarborough https://www.warwickshireonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4935 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Lex [ Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:43 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Uniersity to Open a Campus in Scarborough |
Why? As the cliche goes, look for the money and you'l find the answer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-31797308 |
|
| Author: | rebbonk [ Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Quote: "Excellence in higher education should not be constrained by geography". As a product of Coventry University that makes me laugh like a drain. |
|
| Author: | Lex [ Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:46 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Me too! I did a HND a few years ago, which Coventry Uni. had franchised out to another college. My tutors were always complaining about organisational 'hiccups', and experiences a few myself. The worst incident was the university failing to send half the paperwork for one of my final exams. |
|
| Author: | rebbonk [ Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Interesting Lex. I did most of my university education 'after hours'. Coventry wasn't set up at all to deliver any kind of service to those that were outside the normal 9 to 5 routine. Even more recently when I started a PhD things hadn't changed. Having attended all of the (recent) former colleges within Coventry, Henley College was without a doubt the best, followed very closely by the old Technical College at the Butts. - But, neither were perfect and there was plenty of room for improvement. I've been very fortunate in that I've never had to pay out of my own pocket for education. I think if I had, I'd have been making several demands for my money back. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|