| Warwickshire Online Chat Forum https://www.warwickshireonline.com/ |
|
| Car splits in two. https://www.warwickshireonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4773 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Margaret [ Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:09 am ] |
| Post subject: | Car splits in two. |
I'm glad the family managed to escape unhurt. Makes me wonder if the car was a cut and shut job. http://officialwmas.wordpress.com/2014/11/22/car-splits-in-two-in-coventry/ |
|
| Author: | Lex [ Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:46 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
Good grief, the car's a hell of a mess. |
|
| Author: | rebbonk [ Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:37 am ] |
| Post subject: | |
I'm very glad that nobody was hurt, and I await more news on this one. |
|
| Author: | rebbonk [ Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:10 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Looking at the picture, it appears that the passenger cell remained intact. This is likely to be a design feature. In general, cars are designed to collapse and take damage around the passenger cell, which in turn is designed to be strong and protect the occupants. I would be interested in seeing the design spec' of this particular model and of seeing how it stood up to crash testing during development. I think there's a lot to be learned. |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|