| Warwickshire Online Chat Forum https://www.warwickshireonline.com/ |
|
| Talking CCTV Cameras https://www.warwickshireonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2404 |
Page 1 of 1 |
| Author: | Will [ Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:15 pm ] |
| Post subject: | Talking CCTV Cameras |
Talking CCTV cameras are coming to coventry. The idea being that people spotted committing an offence can be told off via a loud speaker on the camera. Sooner or later I imagine the system will be rolled out across the country. So much for community policing I guess. BBC NEWS | England | 'Talking' CCTV scolds offenders The UK gets a little more like George Orwell's 1984 every day. |
|
| Author: | chillitt [ Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:54 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Knowing some of the cctv types, I hope its got a swear filter...
|
|
| Author: | Shizara [ Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:31 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
We'll have to borrow the Daleks and send them out into the town with their favourite work and action... EXTERMINATE!!! ...... ZAP! Then get back to real policing
|
|
| Author: | cathidaw [ Wed Apr 04, 2007 11:49 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Ifind all this frightening---especially having only read 1984 last year. This is how it all started! Everyone should read it ! then when people say 'Big brother' they would know that it is not just a catchphrase or a new expression in the O.E.D. but somethimg which will affect all our freedom. |
|
| Author: | Madhatter [ Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:33 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
I saw that too and posted it on the local forum, no comments yet, I thought they'd all be against it. Mind you I think everyones left town, theres no life these days. |
|
| Author: | Shizara [ Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:12 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Well, we're still very much alive and kicking. What is troubling is the way that all the BB stuff is settling in and making itself at home... an expression "give an inch and they will take a mile" comes to mind.... |
|
| Author: | cathidaw [ Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:35 pm ] |
| Post subject: | |
Insidious is the word I would use |
|
| Page 1 of 1 | All times are UTC |
| Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group https://www.phpbb.com/ |
|