Warwickshire Online Chat Forum
https://www.warwickshireonline.com/

super casino
https://www.warwickshireonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2018
Page 1 of 1

Author:  chillitt [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:12 pm ]
Post subject:  super casino

there is great debate at the moment about where they might be, and how many of them, most people seem to think there will be just the one in blackpool. i dont know what the state of play is with the acts required for them to open, but what will happen to the new one under the Ricoh arena, if the only one to get the go ahead is somewhere else??? :confused:

Author:  Will [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:30 pm ]
Post subject: 

I imagine that more and more will get permission all over the country eventually, it's a nice cash cow for the government. I do wonder whether it will ruin more lives than is it could reasonably ever expect to help though.

Author:  Madhatter [ Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:35 pm ]
Post subject: 

I'm not sureabout this and what the difference is between a normal casino and a super casino, I'll try to find out.

Author:  Leofric [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:29 am ]
Post subject: 

Madhatter wrote:
I'm not sureabout this and what the difference is between a normal casino and a super casino, I'll try to find out.



The supercasino can have huge payouts and much larger floorspace with large jackpot machines.

As far as I know, the one for the Ricoh wasn't even in the running... It's going to London.

Author:  Leofric [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:31 am ]
Post subject: 

chillitt wrote:
there is great debate at the moment about where they might be, and how many of them, most people seem to think there will be just the one in blackpool. i dont know what the state of play is with the acts required for them to open, but what will happen to the new one under the Ricoh arena, if the only one to get the go ahead is somewhere else??? :confused:


The one in the Ricoh will still open, but it will be smaller.

If they got the "Super Casino" there, they were planning to build a hotel and a canal-side development. That would be good, as the Arena/Shopping area looks a bit bleak at the moment.

Personally, I don't think a casino is that great. Studies have shown that in the smaller towns in the US, they can generate income, but in a larger city, they simply recycle local cash.

Author:  Madhatter [ Tue Jan 16, 2007 4:04 am ]
Post subject: 

Thats the way I understand it, and the numerous smaller ones would stay open as normal or open as smaller ones.
Blackpool really thinks its in with a chance, and I think they should get it because as you say, smaller towns benefit more and blackpool isn't that big really.
In london you won't even know it's there.
Anyway I dislike london, filthy dirty rat infested dump.

Author:  Will [ Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:02 pm ]
Post subject: 

Just watched Dispatches on C4, which was all about the 'Government's Gambling addiction'. They showed Atlanta city as an example of where similar ideas had led to massive increases the numbers of homeless, crime, and debt.

It gets worse though, the Government wants to become the haven for online casinos the world over. A lot of lives will be destroyed in order to line their pockets. Can't help feeling a little ashamed of all this, in our supposedly modern and high moral society.

Author:  Madhatter [ Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:05 pm ]
Post subject: 

Isn't there already a casino in cov ?

Author:  Will [ Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

There are now casinos all over the UK. Because of the controversy over super casinos, it's thus far been completely overlooked that 78 major casino licences have already been approved. This is down to the massive relaxation of the gambling laws.

A super casino has extra privileges though, such as no membership requirements, and no limit on connected slot machines, which are apparently what suck most people dry.

Author:  Leofric [ Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:23 pm ]
Post subject: 

Madhatter wrote:
Isn't there already a casino in cov ?


There's a couple, yes. One in Hillfields and one in Tile Hill.
There used to be one in Coundon, but it closed and is now a cinema and restaurant.

Author:  Shizara [ Sat Jan 27, 2007 2:59 pm ]
Post subject: 

I wonder what sort of tax rake comes off casinos for the government coffers......

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/