View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Oct 02, 2026 2:27 am



Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Funds Needed to Stabilise Cathedral Ruins 
Author Message
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14177
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Something I might donate to when fundraising starts: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c6zxzvn5k8x4o


Thu Oct 01, 2026 4:48 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Posts: 9611
Location: Coventry
Reply with quote
I call B.S.!

The ruins survived WW2; I suspect that this is yet another way for the Church to relieve the gullible of their funds!

When I was a kid, our local church was supposedly sinking half an inch a year. Nobody questioned this, and the church cashed in! The church is still there today, not visibly lower than when I was a kid!

Cynical, moi?


Thu Oct 01, 2026 7:39 pm
Report this post
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.