Thread: May to seek snap election for 8 June

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm not so sure - Labour needs the Lib Dems, SNP, Green, Sinn Fein (who take their salary, but not their seats) etc etc - basically any MP who's not a Conservative to come anywhere near the number of seats the Tories have. There's just to many conflicting interests for them to work together.
    My feeling is that the Conservative government might last until Christmas (180 shopping days to go!), but a Labour government might not last the summer.

Looks like the deal's been done, but problems are on the horizon: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40236152

rebbonk

I can't see May surviving. Many of her back benchers will try to pull the rug from under her at the first opportunity: they aren't happy at what she's done, or the incompetence she's shown.

I'd love to be a fly on the wall at her first cabinet meeting Monday!

I certainly hope Boris Johnson isn't going to be our next Tory leader! What a train crash that will be!

rebbonk

That is a distinct possibility Finebyme.

Yes, it's a possibility. God knows, we don't need another buffoon with bad hair.

rebbonk

Corbyn seems to think he can derail May over the Queen's speech. If he does, then he will likely get the opportunity to form a minority government. Should that minority government fail then it's back to the country.... and I'd suggest that Corbyn will gain a majority. The Tories are rather hamstrung, and despite them actually winning the election, the ball seems well and truly in Corbyn's court.

I must say, I think the old duffer's turned out pretty shrewd. - I salute him.