Thread: Housing Develpoment in Warwickshire

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

From how I've read the report, it's not the amount of housing but the extra traffic...

rebbonk

900 homes will create a lot of traffic.

We've just had a new estate put up by us. It isn't yet complete (or remotely properly occupied) but the extra traffic is already noticeable.

Many homes these days have both husband and wife working and two cars! Cars take up space on the road!

First Time I've heard of Chris Saint's 'Local Choice' initiative: http://stratfordobserver.co.uk/news/...operty-ladder/

rebbonk

It's the same in many areas Lex.

I think we need to look after locals and provide them with affordable housing. Sadly, too many worship the little God of money, and we all suffer for it.

Another planning application tied up going through hoops: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/new...esley-10670476

rebbonk

I know that area quite well. My bet is that the secretary of state will approve it. Green belts were there for a purpose, but it seems that economics is running wild. It will all come crashing down (again) and those at the bottom will get badly burned (again!).

In understand the need for development, but at the end of the day, the green belt is there for a reason.