Thread: Daily life over the garden fence chat.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm electric only, refuse to use direct debits and want quarterly bills. I can't beat the Co-op, despite trying very hard.

Try looking on u-switch

I can't remember who it is, but there is one site that you sign up with and they are continually shifting you between suppliers to keep you on the best tariff.

One thing to be aware of though, is that in the event of a problem many of these companies will only deal with the named account holder. My brother (lives with mum) has had problems in the past in sorting niggles out. Mum is 90 and often not capable of using the phone herself for various reasons.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    I'm electric only, refuse to use direct debits and want quarterly bills. I can't beat the Co-op, despite trying very hard.

Try looking on u-switch

I can't remember who it is, but there is one site that you sign up with and they are continually shifting you between suppliers to keep you on the best tariff.

One thing to be aware of though, is that in the event of a problem many of these companies will only deal with the named account holder. My brother (lives with mum) has had problems in the past in sorting niggles out. Mum is 90 and often not capable of using the phone herself for various reasons.

Thanks Cathi and Reebonk[

I was looking at the Co-op , and their tariff is certainly lower that what I am paying at present under Scottish Power.
    But I was reading that the Co-op will be putting their prices up.

I shall look into both, choices.