Thread: Daily life over the garden fence chat.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Margaret

Oh I say!
    I wouldn't have thought there was a lot of employment in Stratford, most people there I think, are self employed .
    Of course, one could always travel out of Nuneaton for work.
    I don't know if there is a good public transport system there.
    Last edited by Margaret; 08-11-2013 at 04:48 PM.

That is bad. this has been discussed many times on WOL, it's good that this has been recognised, our beloved leaders just need to get to work on sorting it out! (I realised while writing this that it sounds like I'm shoving the responsibility on to someone else; maybe it should be all our responsibilities? Discuss, and write a report for your homework ;-) )

Margaret

Waiting for our new settee to be delivered, I finally got rid of our old bed settee, it was quite heavy what with all the metal and springs, so I unfolded the bed bit, unscrewed it all and managed to removed it, making the settee lighter and easier to manoeuvre, I managed to upend it to get it out the door, and out fell some money. I'll never buy a bed settee again as they are so cumbersome and awkward to move.
    Our new settee is now in place and has transformed the living room, it looks lovely.
    Last edited by Margaret; 26-11-2013 at 04:33 PM.

Margaret

Default December

Well here we are, Dec 1st. Advent begins.
    I don't think I have ever know such lovely weather for December, today has been beautiful, blue sunny skies, very mild for this time of year.

Margaret

I bought a little christmas tree in a pot and now I have planted it out in the garden.
    Hopefully it will survive the weather.

rebbonk

When we moved in here 20odd years ago, there was a 4ft Christmas tree at the bottom of our garden. The b*gger is now as high as the house, and I'm forever pruning the lower branches off!

In the 60's my parents purchased their first house and along with the apple tree, grapefruit tree and roses that lined the driveway to the house there was a pot with the top of pineapple in it. It seemed to be perfectly happy as a plant with green spiky leaves but we never saw a pineapple, however, the grapefruit, which was planted within close range of the kitchen window and surrounded by concrete path was a prolific producer of juicy fruit. As for a Christmas tree in the garden, even though with a quarter acre there was room for one no one had ever planted it after Christmas. Every year Dad would take us out, 2 weeks before Christmas to buy a tree and every year it finished up in the incinerator in the back garden. In later years the artificial tree arrived.
    Cool