Thread: Maria and her family Bulgarian Roma

Pillar of the Community

Default Maria and her family Bulgarian Roma

I know this will seem irrelevant to us here but it won't be long before they come to the UK en masse. Today's news shows that Bulgarian authorities have taken 5 of the nine remaining children into care (from Maria's Mother.) http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...aken-care.html

The reality is that the care system in Bulgaria is more like a medieval prison system. Orphanages are miserable places that have been left back in the dark ages. The Roma people are outcast by Bulgarian society and removing these children will not save them from poverty nor a life of being stigmatised. With our care system already stretched but our standards much more rigorous than those in Bulgaria, we'll soon be having to attend to similar situations here. The Government needs to address this before the gates are opened. ( GPs, Schools, Health Visitors, Social Services and Social Workers- what will they do when there is another queue for the handouts?)

rebbonk

We can't afford continued immigration. Our present infrastructure can't cope, it is madness to allow things to continue.

Seriously, I predict mass civil unrest before much longer...

Pillar of the Community

Yes but with civil unrest there usually comes violence as people react and take matters into their own hands. I would say ' bring it on ' as we have to stand up to this nonsense which threatens us but I don't condone and definitely condemn all violence.

rebbonk

Sadly Gladys, I think that violence will rear its ugly head.

The British are a wonderfully welcoming and tolerant people, but can only be pushed so far. I would suggest that the limit of our patience is not so far away. In fact, I see parallels with 1930's Germany, and we know what happened there!

Pillar of the Community

I hope it doesn't come to that. ' The British are a wonderfully welcoming and tolerant people,' This is probably our problem; we ' welcome ' and we ' tolerate ' where other countries would just shut the door and keep it shut. Australia comes to mind. Its somewhat ironic seeing we sent our ' fallen stock ' to make Australians. Now they are so in charge of their immigration it really does show us up as inept.

rebbonk

The only ones to blame (IMO) are the politicians. You can't blame others for coming here to get the best for themselves.

Sadly, our politicians have refused to listen to those that elected them; I think they will feel the repercusions at the next election. I only hope that the UK won't end up with another "Hitler" as PM.

Pillar of the Community

Rebbonk- this is why I can't vote any more. I think the next ' Hitler ' is already here and he/ she will be voted in. These people are just doing what anyone would do to get a ' life' I don't blame them. I just worry what we're going to be dictated to by what and whom.