Thread: Vote rigging

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    rebbonk

Default Vote rigging

Adding on from posts 3&4 here http://www.warwickshireonline.com/fo...-election.html

Source : Local rag of a paper

Thoughts anyone?

Not being asked for ID when I go to vote has been a niggling concern at the back of my head for a while now; basically anyone can wonder into the local polling station with my polling card, and the people would be non the wiser.

rebbonk

You don't even need your polling card though do you? With voter turn out so low there's very little chance of being caught of impersonating another voter.

My preference would be for a system where it is compulsory to vote (heavy fine if you don't) but with a box on the form for "none of the above"

Yes, I think I turned up without my voting card once, and was given the voting papers anyway.

rebbonk

Another thing not widely known is that your vote is not secret. All ballot papers have a serial number which is logged against the voter

rebbonk

I wonder if the powers that be have been listening?

compulsory_voting_could_stop_democracy_crisis

This is something I would actively support, but I do wonder just how it would shake things up. To my mind, far too many people are 'politically ignorant' when it comes to understanding the arguments and making a truly informed choice.

I won't however, support lower the voting age as part of the article suggests.
    Last edited by rebbonk; 14-11-2014 at 02:02 PM.