Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What are you currently reading?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Markantoney

Currently I'm reading "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them" which was written by J.K Rowling

SheltonBenjamin2011

“His Dark Materials” Trilogy is one of the greatest Sci-Fi and fantasy novels I am reading these days. I give it two thumbs up!

HarisJulie

I’m currently reading a novel call ‘The Ghost at the Table’ by Suzanne Berne it’s a horror book so I’m really interested of reading it.

Pillar of the Community

NHS stuff I'm afraid- very dull. it is Actually from the Department of Health- ' National Quality Requirements' ( for Out of Hours Providers- all GP's, Hospitals etc ) They are all supposed to be providing these. Are yours?
    Last edited by Gladys; 05-09-2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Clarification

rebbonk

Devil to Pay - Ross Kemp.

I won this and was a little doubtful about it. However, I was quite surprised, it's a decent read.

cathidaw

Quote Originally Posted by Olive View Post
    I like knowing what everyone is reading. I'm currently reading 'Anansi Boys' by Neil Gaiman, who is absolutely my favourite author. I'm also sad though, because once I've read it, I'll have read all his books and I'm going to have to wait years to see another one (this one has only just come out).

He's easily one of the most imaginative writers I've ever read.

So what is everyone else reading?
    I read one or two books a week sometimes more--mostly in bed . If Itake my bedtime book downstairs, it calls to me all day and Iget no work done.

But-I looked at a booklist last week which had 250 books on it. They were asking me to tick off which I had read over the past 12 months.
    The only one I could find to tick was 'The Beano' which I read with my 5 years old
    Granddaughter
    What have I been reading then/.

Daisy22

Hello everyone! I am Daisy Simpson, a university professor,and professional freelance writer. I love books please suggest me any novel and other book which is romantic ?

A few Classics I have read.

L. Tolstoy, War & Peace. by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky.

Anna Karenena, Leo Tolstoy.

A Room with a View, by E. M. Forster.
    Last edited by Finebyme; 18-02-2017 at 01:59 PM.

cathidaw

H allo Daisy,
    Nice to have a woman on the scene again, and welcome.
    I read a lot too and belong to 2 book clubs and write a little.
    I have just finished reading, a spy thriller- a subject I don't normally choose , and could not put it down.'A Foreign Country' by Charles Cummings. I read romances too but not historical faction.
    What have you been reading recently?

I'm currently reading a book on the history of Freemasonry by an author called Michael Johnstone. It's a really good read, going through the actual history of the Freemasons, and none of the conspiracy rubbish.

I've just finished A Bluffers Guide To Beer. I think I've read it previously, but it was sent to me for review. It was an enjoyable read.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I've read several Masonic books in the past. I have to say that the content varies wildly. In truth, I like the conspiracy ones, many are quite amusing.

Has anyone read any good books recently? I've more or less read everything by my favourite authors (sometimes twice!) - mostly science fiction & fantasy - and need some inspiration, maybe even different genres!

I can highly recommend Rob Ratcliffe's lad-lit series. I'm currently reading his so far unpublished Tindered and I can't help smiling.

Full disclosure, I do know Rob.

If you have an e-reader, Lex search for free books on Amazon or on https://b-ok.cc/. I've not personally bought a book for ages.

Great, thanks Rebbonk!

Just finished reading these books:
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-the-stone-man
    https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...-the-empty-men

They're science fiction books, and a bit graphic in places, but they're a great read & Coventry features heavily. (Looks like a 3rd book might be on the way, too).