Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: noisey neibours

Default noisey neibours

hi we have got 2 teenage kids 1 is 14 the other is 18 there mother leaves them alone for days at a time this has been going on for 7 weeks they are playing music and having parties. we have 2 small girls 3 and 8 the noise is unbearable,weve spoken to enviromental health and they are looking into the noise, does anyone know how to deal with the kids and the fact the mother has left them to have parties, who or what section of the councill do we need to contact
    thanks

From first hand experience I truly do empathise with what you are experiencing. I too had a neighbour who partied with music that reached decibels you wouldn't believe easily drowning out any noise from neighbouring pubs. Dealing with it is difficult. You have a family to consider and need to do the right thing by them and yourself. I honestly don't know how you can go about dealing with these individuals. When my neighbour was seemingly soberer during the day I would speak to him about the level of noise etc. He would make all the responses about keeping it down and do nothing.

You are expected, it would seem, to go through the unbelievable drama of putting up with it and following certain guidelines regarding making a complaint. But the one factor that appears to be overlooked is the TIME involved and the ongoing trauma and stress for you and your family.

If you have been down the usual paths my next thought would be, perhaps, your local MP.
    Cool

why when u need the help about noisey neibours does the councill and the police not want to help i have 2 small kids going through hell here and no one wants to help

Administrator

I have had the same problem in the past, I tried the police who told me to contact the local police, who then told me I actually had to contact the environmental authorities. I got through to them and I said there was a party going on somewhere near me which was incredably loud and it was 3am in the morning.

Because I could see where it was coming from, and because I didn't feel like going for a walk in the freezing cold at 3am in the morning, they refusd to come out or do anything about it. Even more infuriatingly, they phoned a month later to ask if the problem was still happening! I explained that it was a month ago, and if it had been stopped it certainly wouldn't be thanks to them. In other words, they were useless!
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.

The frustration here is that many of us from personal experience know how you feel and yet there is a common denominator. Not being able have the problem dealt with in a satisfactory manner from the very places and people that you would expect to find support for that sort of antisocial behaviour.

What is the issue?? Have they more rights than their long suffering victims? It certainly appears so.
    Cool

Unhappy mr miffy

can a parent leave 2 teenage kids on there own for seven weeks only to pop back to give them the odd fiver ,meanwhile there running riot, which section of the councill do we contact?

Quote Originally Posted by mr miffy View Post
    can a parent leave 2 teenage kids on there own for seven weeks only to pop back to give them the odd fiver ,meanwhile there running riot, which section of the councill do we contact?
    yes cos the oldest is 18

also the youngest at 14 can be left on her own ( without the 18 year old being around) but is not able to supervise anyone

so that means the 18 year old can invite loads of mates round everynight throw parties scream shout smoke drugs drink and we have to suffer next door?this is the law? this must be a joke

Neighbours from hell I think is the term...

Neighbour Noise: Help Sheet and what you can do - Part I

At the end of that page is a link to the next page. You might find some useful information here though, there is a time factor embedded in and it doesn't involve an instant fix.
    Cool

Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by mr miffy View Post
    so that means the 18 year old can invite loads of mates round everynight throw parties scream shout smoke drugs drink and we have to suffer next door?this is the law? this must be a joke
    you dont state your location as council matters for enviromental health are dealt with at a local level.

eg https://secure.northwarks.gov.uk/sit...m.php?formID=9

stockingford

Hi guys,
    Sorry I've been too busy to read through the thread properly, so apologies for any advice already given being repeated.
    I can say that Social Services would very likely consider these children old enough to be left left on their own, especially as the 18 year old is an 'adult'.
    You've gone the environmental route which is good so I'd say the next step is to report them to the council for being bad neighbours. You can report them to the housing section even if they are private tenants I think, in which case you should also write to their landlord hun. Housing people make a lot of noise these days about nuisance neighbours and Asbos.
    Also be sure to keep a log of time, dates, etc about the neighbours noise and also so another log for conversations with anyone you speak to on this matter, including the neighbours.
    I hope this helps sweetheart.
    Much Love,
    Tiff xxx
    Much Love,
    Tiff xxx

"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think a negative thought." ~ by Peace Pilgrim.

'You just got Tiffed!'

~ Warwickshire Online! ~

Whilst the above process is necessary it is also extremely frustrating in the the interim an asbo often just moves the problem for another area to be plagued by the same behaviour. This is how I came to have "Decibels through the roof" neighbours. Their friends who owned the equipment had been a neighbourhood menace in their own area and been given asbos. The equipment was moved next door and the partying carried on. They were shouted at from the street, had polite requests to turn the noise down. As for sleep, I forgot what that was about. It amounted to a couple of hours here and there at all sorts of odd times.

The process required when making a complaint is offputting to say the least. Not only are you becoming tired, frazzled, angry, annoyed, frustrated etc by the inconsiderate behaviour of the neighbours but you are required to document it for a period of time so I daresay many will suffer but certainly not in silence so to speak.

Imagine being an elderly person subjected to this nonsense and being to afraid to take too much action for fear of reprisal? That same feeling could apply to anyone.
    Cool

makes u wonder ? can u blame people for taking the law into their own hands

I understand what you are saying, but it isn't worth the risk in the long run. The tables have a habit of turning and the roles reverse whereby the alleged offender suddenly becomes the victim and the victim becomes an offender.
    Cool

Hm... maybe report the kids being left alone to Social Services?