Thread: Totally Disillusioned with Democracy in SOA

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Dexter

Default Totally Disillusioned with Democracy in SOA

Well after living here some 15 years and watching the place gradually get trashed I've come to the conclusion that the the major reason for the demise of this place is down to the way the ridiculous local party political system works around here..

Basically what happens in a vote is that it ends up with decisions being made down the party lines..Thus we will end up with 800 houses being built in Shottery in the not to distant future because the "Consevatives" thought it was a good idea and the "Liberals" thought it was a bad idea (The latter lost the vote)

CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN TO ME HOW THE HELL BUILDING A HOUSING ESTATE IS A PARTY POLITICAL ISSUE?

I was wondering if there was any enthusiasm for throwing out of the lot of them and starting a "Residents Association" party to field candidates in the local election?..Basically the brief would be to represent the local people and to DO WHAT THEY WANTED FOR THE TOWN as opposed to simply ignoring their views which is clearly what is happening around here...

I'm sure i'm not the only one around here that is sick to death of getting leaflets put through my door from the Conservatives and the Liberals basically slagging each other off and telling us how wonderful they are!

What do people think is it worth trying to change the local political landscape or is the local populus too apathetic to bother to support such a thing?
    Last edited by Dexter; 28-09-2007 at 02:18 PM.