Thread: Pictures from Warwick Castle

Next Train's Gone!

Default Pictures from Warwick Castle

Okay, the weather was diabolical, but here's some pictures I took at Warwick Castle.

Mainly done to experiment with my new wide angle lens, so some are in wide angle... Hence the odd distortion.

Warwick Castle @ Fotopic.Net

I'm after a 350D with 10-20m lens what you got there Leo? Cos it looks adquate for my needs

Next Train's Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by optrex View Post
    I'm after a 350D with 10-20m lens what you got there Leo? Cos it looks adquate for my needs
    Nikon D50 with 10-20mm lens. (Sigma lens, not Nikon)
    Also have the "kit" 18-55 lens and a 55-300 Nikon telephoto.

This was the first time I'd used the wide angle - I just wish the weather had been better!

Interesting you mention its sigma. The 10-20 lens I'm after is this one Sigma 10 - 20 mm DC lens: Digital Photography Review - is it the same monster?

Next Train's Gone!

Interesting you mention its sigma. The 10-20 lens I'm after is this one Sigma 10 - 20 mm DC lens: Digital Photography Review - is it the same monster?
    Yes, that's the one!

Got it from Warehouse Express - Camera Accessories and Lenses, Photography Equipment, Canon, Nikon Digital Cameras

Fantastic. Its just the job for the "sky scapes" on the old weather forum. I've just been handed a D80 to play with for a day. That has the kit lens and already it seems so much crisper than my 350D. Slightly more than I would pay for a camera, and it means changing existing lenses from canon to nikon, but do you think its worth it?

Next Train's Gone!

Fantastic. Its just the job for the "sky scapes" on the old weather forum. I've just been handed a D80 to play with for a day. That has the kit lens and already it seems so much crisper than my 350D. Slightly more than I would pay for a camera, and it means changing existing lenses from canon to nikon, but do you think its worth it?
    The D40 is excellent, and I went for it over Canon's equivalent as it got better reviews, but if you've already got Canon lenses/body, I'd stick with canon, unless you think the Nikon is a lot better. What I paid for the D40 almost two years is almost twice what it is now to get a D50!

I've just got a Lowepro camera bag as well - holds everything in neat compartments, and was a bargain on Amazon.

Mari

Such beautiful pictures Leofric.

I know what you mean about the weather though, it has been so changeable.

Administrator

I concur, some wonderful pics there Leo

Welcome Mari BTW.
    --==Forum Admin Will==--
    Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.