Thread: Doctor Who!

Default Doctor Who!

Have just watched another episode of Doctor Who. As a child who hid behind the sofa for the old here am I, mesmerised again. Oooh... and a guest spot by K9 and Sarah. Superb.

o/' Doctor Who ooooo... Doctor Who o/'
    Cool

Next Train's Gone!

Quote Originally Posted by Shizara
    Have just watched another episode of Doctor Who. As a child who hid behind the sofa for the old here am I, mesmerised again. Oooh... and a guest spot by K9 and Sarah. Superb.

o/' Doctor Who ooooo... Doctor Who o/'
    I hated it. The stories are so badly written it's quite amazing the BBC even made them. The Stephen Moffat episode was good - but the rest? Poorly plotted, too soap much soap opera, and some terrible coincidences/deus ex machina.

The Cybermen story was absolute garbage - like a pastiche of Genesis of the Daleks.

Pillar of the Community

Default Gladys

I hate it too- not well written or something irritating about it, not sure what. I'm another one who hid behind a pillow in childhood. It was the Cybermens' faults then. Are they still around?

Well, the new Doctor has been announced. I haven't really watched Dr who for years - since Christopher Ecclestone quit. I probably won't watch it with the new bloke either.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-23572564

rebbonk

To my mind the best Dr was William Hartnell. I think that the last time I watched it Tom Baker played the Dr. Though I I might recall a one-off with one of the McGann brothers playing the part?

Colin baker was the definitive Dr Who for me. Yes, one of the McGanns did a one-off in the 90s; a waste of one of the Dr's incarnations!

Of the 3 recent Doctors, Christopher Ecclestone, David Tennant and Matt Smith, I have enjoyed their interpretation of the role and they are definitely lively characters. As each was announced I had no real issue with any of them and as they developed the character in the role they were really fun, exciting and enjoyable, however, I am struggling to find a level with the one the that has just been announced. I really am not sure except that I have found that the judgement of those selecting new doctors and companions of late has not been disappointing so maybe they have seen things in the new personality that I am missing.
    Cool

I watched the repeat of the Christmas special over the weekend (I usually avoid Crimbo programming in any month apart from December, but I'd had a few). I've spent several years occasionally wondering how Aunty Beeb would get round the Doctor only having 12 reincarnations; in this episode, the Time Lords gave him another 12 lives through some sort of crack in spacetime between our universe and wherever they're trapped.
    To be honest, I was hoping the BBC would give us something more dramatic than a flash of golden light to give Dr Who fans 50 more years of entertainment.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-28849955