Thread: Is this the New Brexit ?

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Default Is this the New Brexit ?

I haven’t been paying too much attention to the imbroglio with regard to Nigel Farage and his bank.
    But it is now getting distinctly spicy and my political antennae are now all a-quiver.
    NF. lost his account with Nat West, because according to a leaked report his values are not consistent with the the values of the bank.
    It is fair to say a considerable hue and cry has now broken out, and that wave is now breaking over Westminster and the media government mafia. With considerable force.
    The CEO of Nat West, has written the most grovelling apology to Farage. It is quite incredible to read.
    Farage is at the moment in South Wales (which the cynic in me cannot fail to note it is near the barricades for the beach visitors that we are welcoming) and he has just dropped a further detonation an hour or so ago that he has a memo from the CEO at Nat West, discussing Farage’s details with a senior figure at the BBC. That alone, if true, must be worth to NF in the courts a couple of million.
    But what really intrigues me is, this thing is really getting serious traction. There are a vast number of people agreeing with him.
    We may, just may, be at the start of something quite interesting
    Popcorn all round.

Mr H
    Last edited by margaret; 20-07-2023 at 07:49 PM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

It may turn out to have long legs, Mr. H, but equally, it might turn out to be little more than a distraction. Time will tell, but we do live in interesting times.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Quick addition here having pondered about it for a couple of hours. I think my biggest worry is that we're being forced to go cashless and that this type of 'control' and coercion will become more common. It will be a case of play the game, do and think as you're told; otherwise, we can (and will) make life very difficult for you.

The longer-term ramifications are potentially very worrying. And on that point Mr. H, I think it could be far worse than Brexit. Brexit as the people wanted it was never going to happen, and the politicians and state machinery did everything they could to frustrate that. The population are being punished for exercising their voice (and will be for a long time to come). Restricting a dissenter's access to their funds, or even restricting what those funds are able to purchase, is a very good way of ensuring compliance and obedience.

I was always against enforced banking. I fought to allow workers to demand to be paid in cash. But the state rode roughshod over us at the time, mainly citing the security of cash in transit as the issue. Then we started being charged to access our own money... Thin end of a very nasty wedge!

Yes. I agree that Brexit was not going to happen in the way folks imagined.
    But it has caused, and continues to cause, the State significant damage and cost. Power, for the first time since Chartism, is really and actually moving away from Westminster.
    I suspect Farage knows this, and at a visceral level. But in taking on the banks (the spearhead of the new world order) he is exposing some very dark, deep currents, at some risk to himself, I may add in playing such a dangerous game (someone said he only travels by anonymous taxi). Clearly, they both hate and fear him.
    After all, who else could get parliament to pass new laws in a week? That is some heft.
    With all these secret dossiers, secret media meetings, leaks, cover-ups, memos, lies, it even sounds more than a little bit like Iraq.
    Last edited by Mister H; 22-07-2023 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
    ... But in taking on the banks (the spearhead of the new world order) he is exposing some very dark, deep currents, at some risk to himself, I may add in playing such a dangerous game (someone said he only travels by anonymous taxi). Clearly, they both hate and fear him. ...
    Wasn't Farage involved in a plane crash a few years back? IIRC, the suggestion was that it wasn't an accident. If I were him, I'd not go standing on any high balconies, driving through dark tunnels or taking long solo walks in the countryside. It's not only Russia that has a habit of 'convenient' accidents and suicides.

Default Coutts

The parallels with Iraq three weeks into this affair are now getting creepy.
    Now that the head of Nat West has gone, there is clearly a massive campaign by the powers that be to save Coutts - who hitherto have absolutely refused to comment.
    It is inconceivable that this woman who has just resigned (who clearly is a few accounts short of a full ledger) was not put up to this. Politicians come and go, but the realities of State Power remain the same.
    I agree with Farage that they want him out of the country. Anything, absolutely anything to stop him talking openly with people in pubs and clubs.
    And he’s also raising the money laundering regs - which is absolute dynamite in any context - and saying they are using them to cancel cash and businesses.
    He has said publically this is just beginning.

Just read an interesting article on this Mr.H. Apparently, the owner of GB News (Farage's employer) has made a small fortune on NatWest's share price fall. Depending on what he knew, and when, couldn't this be viewed as insider trading?

It appears that our wonderful government might also be playing ball on this one, as they (WE!) own a substantially large portion of NatWest. The suggestion is that they are happy to let the share price fall so that their rich chums can buy low and then celebrate as the shares rise after this little 'storm in a teacup'. I seem to remember that they have a recent form for this type of thing (Lloyds shares 2017).

Maybe this is going to get interesting?

Very interesting comment.
    It depends I think whether you accept the leaked dossier narrative.
    I had heard about the GB news backer. Possible links with Arron Banks (another smart operator whom the elite consistently underestimates).
    The trouble with insider trading is that, in a world turned upside down, no one knows who is inside or out.
    Farage is a masterful poker player.
    He will play the game he is given like a pro. The game being that document he has.
    I remember an occasion when a very good friend of mine when we were on a conference once, was challenged repeatedly to play cards in the evening after drinks (a guy brilliant at horse race betting and cards, btw). He was goaded and goaded until he took a seat at the table. I watched him amass a wad of IOUs, and pocket about 2,000 quid. That was a huge amount of money back then.
    The system is being pushed to edge. Or perhaps even the window ledge.
    Last edited by Mister H; 28-07-2023 at 06:12 PM.

Farage is a masterful poker player.
    Isn't he just! The next few days are going to be interesting. I don't hold shares in NatWest, I did in Lloyds and I'm still hurting!

Someone mentioned that what this is really all about is Crypto.
    The argument is as follows.
    Farage has the support of a powerful, but narrow clique of digital currency players, who want the Old Guard at the banks removed to make a suitable platform to bring in the new system.
    All the stuff about de-banking would then be just virtue signalling that this is precisely what they intend to do with crypto so that there is a system in place that WILL de-bank you if you step out of line. Farage himself has said that this system is already being operated. But what he is not telling you is that he is a part of that very group that wants to introduce crypto and which will restrict peoples views once crypto is up and running.
    The State is involved because it has finally accepted that crypto is the wave of the digital future, is satisfied it can monitor any threats and has now developed the software to ensure it retains control of issuance.
    The vast number of claims for compensation will be easily dealt with by saying the old system of banking has now collapsed (which it did anyway in 2008) and the new crypto system must be introduced and claimants will get some nominal credit (bit like bet 365) but which will soon disappear in the system. What a cunning,nefarious move!
    The money involved in the changeover alone will make billionaires of everyone involved.
    Wow.
    Last edited by Mister H; 31-07-2023 at 12:59 PM.

For once, Reuters makes sense...

Reuters

You may well be proven right, Mr.H. - Time will tell, but the State really needs control of any crypto currency that might emerge. There is currently a very large movement to continue using hard cash, even though in reality it is worthless.

Amazon has just closed its' first UK cashless store, and others worldwide. Maybe there is a greater resistance than anticipated?

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

The guy who suggested this whole thing is about crypto is making more and more sense.
    So, legal claims for de-banking will collapse the banks and they can neither loan new money into existence (they cannot pay the B of E, nor do they have asset cover) nor deal with the existing slush pile.
    So, what has been happening elsewhere in the last 2 weeks?
    Enter the collapse of local authorities - B'ham being the latest, last Wednesday, I think.
    But what is causing the collapse of these councils?
    The answer is vast legal claims for backdated and unpaid equal pay. The councils have said this is almost nuclear in its effects and they cannot pay.
    So, banking and local authority functioning is collapsing and the only real way to deal with this is to introduce an entirely new system of crypto.

Mr H
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

I see the connections, Mr.H. I just hope that you are wrong in where this is heading. Although...

Adding fuel to this particular bonfire, it looks like we are about to have smart meters forced upon us by law. Yet more control and potential removal of freedoms for those that refuse to comply with the net-zero tosh!