Thread: Daily life over the garden fence chat.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

I am posting with my ipad and it is a horrible strain on the eyes! MY laptop is in for repair, will need a new screen, if they can get one.
    I can't stand using ipads,which are well named as i will end up needing to wear eye pads , due to strain and god knows what kind of damage the glare from these small screens may cause.
    Last edited by margaret; 08-12-2018 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    I can't stand using ipads,which are well named as i will end up needing to wear eye pads , due to strain and god knows what kind of damage the glare from these small screens may cause.
    I have an iPad. I'm not over keen on it, many 'simple' tasks are incredibly fiddly. But the knack with the brightness is to turn it right down and turn the auto brightness off. We used to do this with the CAD terminals to prevent eye-strain.

I only use mine as a kindle reader if I can help it.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    I have an iPad. I'm not over keen on it, many 'simple' tasks are incredibly fiddly. But the knack with the brightness is to turn it right down and turn the auto brightness off. We used to do this with the CAD terminals to prevent eye-strain.

I only use mine as a kindle reader if I can help it.
    i HAVE A NEW KEYBOARD WHICH DOESN'T APPEAR TO LIKE 'P's,SO i HAVE TO CHECK WHAT i WRITE.nOW IT DOESNT LIKE lower case. When I can get out- You're going back mate!.

I find keyboards last me about 2 years. - They do get a bit of a hammering. I reckon to replace a keyboard once on every laptop. I won't replace a second time, I'll replace the laptop as at that stage the laptop is usually past its best.

The current keyboard was allegedly the same as the one it was intended to replace. - It wasn't! I use it in US mode 99% of the time. But, it does have an interesting fault. You only have to kiss the letter B with your finger and it places a string of Bs on the screen. Thankfully B is not a letter I use very often!

Oh the joys of computing!

Thanks Rebbonk, i did manage to turn off auto bright and also turned down the brightness a bit, it is a lot better but wouldnt want to spend too long on it. Trying to correct errrors is pain in the head!

����

On a different note , a question i want to ask is; WHat is the correct way of saying Mancetter, is it pronounced like ManSetter or ManChetter?
    I ask because someone i know may be moving there. Thanks.

I've always pronounced it ManSetter.

ManSetter - My mum comes from that way, and I once looked at buying an old vicarage out there.

Established Member

Man'S'etta

Established Member

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    I am posting with my ipad and it is a horrible strain on the eyes! MY laptop is in for repair, will need a new screen, if they can get one.
    I did but he shook my hand and walked to the door with me
    From now on IF i FEEL ILL--ISH I SHALL CALL THE OUT OF HOURS DOC.i'M LOOKING FOR ANOTHER.