PDA

View Full Version : No ones mentioned the bins yet...

chillitt
11-04-2008, 06:23 PM
So, out with weekly black bag collections, and in with fortnightly black wheely bins alternated with green garden waste bins and recycling bins. No complaints in principle, even though we get 2 week old rubbish hanging about..
First problem, its a green bin and recycling bin week this week, according to my nice new leaflet (got 3 of them..) trouble is, we aint got any green bins!!
Emailed the sort it chaps, got an automated response with no useful info and thats it.
Today was collection day, out went the recycling boxes (more in hope than expectation..) And tonight they are still full...rubbish is starting to blow round the village....
Question is, do I leave them out (risking a £1000 fine!!) in the hope they will turn up at some point, or give up till the next expected collection on the 25th...
Anyone care to bet on
1. when we get a bin
2. when it gets emptied
3. when I get a reply to the email I just sent
4. when someone complains about the rubbish everywhere...

(someone from the council came into my shop today looking into how long I have had lights over my shop front, as I don't have planning permission. Good to see one part of the council is switched on..:rolleyes: The lights have been up since the 60s, aren't used and the shop is listed so I'm not taking them down even if they tell me too...:p )

Shizara
12-04-2008, 09:24 AM
(someone from the council came into my shop today looking into how long I have had lights over my shop front, as I don't have planning permission. Good to see one part of the council is switched on.. The lights have been up since the 60s, aren't used and the shop is listed so I'm not taking them down even if they tell me too... )

Smoke and mirrors is the expression that comes to mind. Divert your attention from what would seem to me to be a more important issue than lights over your doorway that aren't used isn't exactly the best way to use council tax payers money. The other concerning thought is that the lights have been there since the 1960's and wonder if this the first time they have noticed. This would give the impression there is little else to occupy their time, yet, unlike rubbish sitting around for 2 weeks, the presence of lights not in use will not encourage vermin and disease.

chillitt
12-04-2008, 06:08 PM
Good news! the recycling boxes were emptied early this morning, no doubt on double time for a Saturday....:rolleyes:
Still no sign of a green bin though....

Shizara
13-04-2008, 05:01 PM
Wahey!

chillitt
13-04-2008, 06:47 PM
Wahay indeed - It's now nearly as good as it was before they started messing about with it....:rolleyes:

chillitt
07-05-2008, 10:02 PM
4 weeks on, and I have received a reply to my Email to the sort it team... an automated reply...:rolleyes:
Still no green bin, still no idea when. Fab
Ironically Gloucestershire has decide not to use its green bins anymore because they don't have locks on them...:confused: so just over the border are tens of thousands of bins, just what we need, going begging. what are the chances?:cool:

cathidaw
07-05-2008, 10:22 PM
Here in Bedworth we have had -green bin for garden waste,
black for-up to now -anything else ,
red box with no lid for papers, shoes, car batteries (only one at a time).glass
Now we also have:
reusable blue bag for-paper.
reusable yellow bag forcardboard,
white sack-textiles,
orange sack off roll for plastics.

The first collection of the bags was last week. I drove to town in the afternoon.,,it was windy and most of the empty -reusable bags were blowing in the wind along Newtown Road, into gardens, the road, and stuck against trees and fences. I had thought about getting another bin to keep these bags in,but if I put the new bin out with these filled re usable bags--I was told by a council spokeswoman that the bin men will either take nothing- or my new bin as well. Depending how they feel.!!

Shizara
09-05-2008, 04:17 AM
... but they still get their Christmas bonus I presume...

Unregistered
09-05-2008, 09:26 PM
You wait till the new Stratford 3 Wheelie bin for everyone new arrangements starts..I can honestly say THESE PEOPLE WHO ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS FIASCO ARE A TOTAL BUNCH OF IDIOTS (albeit on final salary pension schemes and with virtually 100% job security unlike most folk in the real world!)

chillitt
10-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Yesterday the bin lorry came round to empty the green bins that aren't here yet...:unsure:

Shizara
10-05-2008, 04:56 PM
The left hand knows what the right hand is doing I see....

cathidaw
15-05-2008, 10:35 PM
I have given up recycling now,except green waste, until 'they' get their act together. Also it's easier .
The new bags were blown down the road, some other people's bags also were floating in the brook and up against the railings . I put 2 car batteries in the red box-nothing else-and they took one----policy!
But you may put it out next week if I wish,,--(council spokeswoman condescendingly) I forgot to grovel, so she was sharp with me. Who on earth do these people think they are?
Give some people a big hat and they grow into it!
I suppose we are lucky in some ways. In Coventry the bin men inspect the contents first. I watched them last week in Longford when Iwas visiting.
I bet they feel really powerful somebody's.
Last year Iused to leave the binmen a treat every so often-for instance a big box of mince pies at Christmas-tied to the lid with a note, or a big packet of sweets--(usually because I was dieting and they were out of my sight not very altruistic I know) . We had a change of what we call 'leader of the bins' and one man said the are not supposed to take anything from householders. but did hint that if he- the leader- didn't see it they would still accept stuff.
What rot. I'M SURE HE SHARED THE HALF TIN OF QUALITY STREET I LEFT IN JANUARY.
I cant be bothered with this pettiness.

chillitt
15-05-2008, 10:53 PM
After the lorry came round on Friday, next door phoned up to complain about them coming to a village with no bins. So 24 hours later they bought her a bin. Nobody else got one......:rolleyes: It's getting silly now...

cathidaw
16-05-2008, 11:56 AM
"We-e-e-ell", as my friend David always says," I'ts maddnin' but yuv gorrer laff or yud be in y grave"
Real BEDDUTH talk that is!

Shizara
18-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Imagine being an alien from a planet far more advanced than here and observing the way of life on this planet? Imagine being an alien considering moving to another planet and looking at brochures from flar flung galaxies. All the attractive and positive things are portrayed with clear and colourful pictures, then spotting the very small print regarding taxation, public transport, local councils - their services and costs etc then searching on the IGW (Inter Galaxy Web) for local information and finding all the forums regarding these things? In the words of "Mork from Ork" they would likely say... "Nanoo! Nanoo!!"

chillitt
18-05-2008, 10:20 AM
At the moment I think I'd take my chances with the Probulator....:rolleyes:

chillitt
20-05-2008, 04:51 PM
Latest news- My address has been given to someone who may, or may not, at some point in the future give me a green bin!!!!:clapping:
(I can't help but wonder why they didn't know I didn't have one in the first place...:rolleyes: )

chillitt
23-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Just to add insult to injury, the green bin lorry ran me off the road this morning...:mad:
(still no green bin though...)

Shizara
23-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Had he connected with you I think it would be like getting Stagecoach to accept liability even when the evidence is stacked against them..

Is your garden big enough to dig kitchen scraps and garden waste into it? - I only have one bin at the moment and would imagine if we had several for different purposes it would become even more popular with flytippers who already plague us, in fact, a vision of a Pied Piper comes to mind to pipe them away and towards the local rubbish dump - so am assuming the green one is for garden or kitchen waste. Can someone enlighten me on that please?

chillitt
23-05-2008, 01:47 PM
Green bin is for stuff to go to be made into compost to sell back to us...:rolleyes:
He didn't make contact, cos I dived up the verge. If he had, the car would have been a right off, he didn't even lift off the accelerator...
I have dogs, so the burying kitchen waste in the garden thing would be temporary at best... Also foxes and every other dog in the village would join in..

Shizara
23-05-2008, 04:12 PM
You do most of the work, you pay them to pick it up then you buy it back as compost. To be sure they are not losers in any way I daresay there is a fine involved just to remind us that they have the last say. We are only the payers of council tax. I know who is on a win with that one. :rolleyes:

chillitt
27-05-2008, 01:51 PM
found it!
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/00674/wheelie-bins_674053n.jpg

Shizara
27-05-2008, 10:34 PM
Coo.. I wonder if they think that if they plant them, because they are green they might grown and produce more wheely bins.....

chillitt
25-06-2008, 04:54 PM
Guess what?:rolleyes:
Still no green bin. The rest of the village seem to have one now though...:confused:
However, the big news is... Warwick district council provided a wheelie bin for household rubbish and boxes for recycling months ago, and today, Stratford district council provided 2 wheelie bins for the same rubbish...:help:
Do you think they will come and empty them? Do you think they will want them back? Do you think I will get a council tax request from Stratford now?

I give up.:o

Sue MDH
07-07-2008, 04:43 PM
Some of my neighbours will be turning the bins away as they arrive. Which landfill will the council put those in?

chillitt
14-07-2008, 09:15 PM
Can I just say, My green bin arrived today!!!:eek: Now, who said WDC are useless....:rolleyes:

Shizara
07-08-2008, 07:50 PM
I wonder if you will get a discount - I think not - it seems that you are paying for a service that the council wish to inflict upon you and then the bin lorry does a drive by so they can tick the box that says... "chillitt's green bin" .... except, the bin is invisible... Ahhh... I know, it is a type of tardis and is currently on a mission in another time saving the world from from destruction by the greenbinmen.

chillitt
07-08-2008, 10:20 PM
I wonder if you will get a discount - I think not - it seems that you are paying for a service that the council wish to inflict upon you and then the bin lorry does a drive by so they can tick the box that says... "chillitt's green bin" .... except, the bin is invisible... Ahhh... I know, it is a type of tardis and is currently on a mission in another time saving the world from from destruction by the greenbinmen.

I have put the almost legendary Green bin out twice now. They still haven't emptied it....

Shizara
15-08-2008, 03:31 PM
I daresay if you balanced an old mattress or something on top or had something substantial protruding from under the lid they would very likely see it and be in like big hungry dogs trumping up some litter or tipping charge.

Might be that the only alternatives would be to apply to the council in writing - preferably in triplicate as the chances of the first copy going missing are probably high. Another possibility is a note on the green bin promising a 24 pack of lager at Christmas with a 6 pack sitting on the note. Time it right and you will likely see the tyres smoking as the truck comes to a shuddering halt, reverses up the road for a closer inspection, someone leaps out and takes the 6 pack leaving the invisible green bin because they have had no instructions to pick it up and of course, no one said anything about not stopping to retrieve a lost 6 pack of lager. :rolleyes:

chillitt
15-08-2008, 09:53 PM
Again today, they failed to empty it:( .... I did see a Stratford DC lorry go passed the other day, I might try finding out the rota and see if SDC are more forthcoming (despite paying WDC to empty it....:rolleyes: )

Shizara
16-08-2008, 09:30 AM
Ok... so I am taking the Mickey out of the outfit that is supposed to pick up the legendary green bin but it boggles me that the councils set these rules, regulations and penalities for not abiding by them, yet, they are not completing their part of the circus and a circus is what it becomes with people having to chase their tails going round in circles trying to get the council to notice them, the fact that a green bin has been delivered but no one wants to empty it.

You can't be in the "Too Hard to Find" category because clearly they found you to deliver the bin in the first place. Perhaps they think they have done their bit providing the bin as per whatever regulations but feel that it is not cost effective to make a visit to empty it.

Whatever the excuse, you have been paying for this service and they are not providing it. I doubt they will give a refund but at the very least they could get on with what they are supposed to be doing. Emptying your bin as per the correct schedule.

chillitt
20-08-2008, 12:11 PM
I'm going to be rich....:rolleyes: Cashback if your council fails you: Homeowners to get payouts for potholes and missed bin collections| News | This is London (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23541899-details/Cashback+if+your+council+fails+you%3A+Homeowners+t o+get+payouts+for+potholes+and+missed+bin+collecti ons/article.do)

chillitt
29-08-2008, 06:14 PM
How quickly the time rolls by - It's green bin day today and yet again, I still have a full bin. Monday will be 5 months since this system was introduced and I have never had my green bin emptied!!! Is this a record???

Shizara
01-09-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm going to be rich....:rolleyes: Cashback if your council fails you: Homeowners to get payouts for potholes and missed bin collections| News | This is London (http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/article-23541899-details/Cashback+if+your+council+fails+you%3A+Homeowners+t o+get+payouts+for+potholes+and+missed+bin+collecti ons/article.do)

It must be time to put in an itemised account... Don't forget to include the stress, frustration and any other extras you can think of...

chillitt
05-09-2008, 08:16 PM
Now then, I have been away looking after my sainted mother while dads in hopspital, and on my return -THE BIN HAS BEEN EMPTIED!!!!!! flags out tables and chairs, jelly and ice cream it's a street party!!!:D
Question is, Who emptied it? Stratford bin lorry goes past on Tuesdays, was it them or the much promised and never actually happened follow up service from Warwick DC????
Enquiring minds need to know....:rolleyes:

chillitt
18-09-2008, 05:41 PM
Today,(6 days after everyone else:rolleyes: ) my Green bin has been emptied by Warwick DC!!!!!! :eek: They have actually managed to do what they said they were going to do 5 and a bit months ago. Hallelujah!!! :D

Gladys
22-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Dear All,
I went out to our recycling bin tonight to find it hasn't been emptied from the last collection last Friday.I/we hadn't put it out on the road side for collection. We have never had to before.( I sympathise with you folks, it seems like a shambles where you are) Anyway, my Husband and I were talking about this because we have only lived in this house for 4 years. Not having met this before because we lived in a flat and the bins were accessed by the bin peeps at the back of us. It was an extremely disconcerting thing each Friday to find a bin man unbolting the back gate and strolling down the garden path to get the bins. (Yes, 'The BINS'!)
This simply doesn't happen anymore. I now have the large household wast bin outside the back gate, they don't have to do anything except pull it to the truck and tip it.I didn't want a chappy coming into the garden when I may have been ' sans channel' etc. ( In me jammies for those not french!) Why then did they not empty the recycling one. I have a hunch we might have to take them both to the roadside now. It is a quality slide. I'm emailing The Bin Office tonight. Let's see what they have to say about this downscale of service. I'll let you know.:clapping:

cathidaw
01-11-2008, 11:02 AM
My black bin disappeared the other week.
Phoned the council---spokeswoman said it "possibly went in the cart-especially if it was a bit lightweight this week."
I went out .
-- when I got back--
---nice new bin!

Shizara
03-11-2008, 07:30 AM
I have put the almost legendary Green bin out twice now. They still haven't emptied it....

They are probably so busy reading the sat nav that the lorry rumbles past and one of them says.... "Oh, wasn't that chillitt's place back there??" The other one says.... "I dunno mate. Too busy trying to find a new place to hide for a bit. - They found the last one."

You might need to paint it Tardis Blue and put a battery operated light on top. If nothing else it might attract the curiosity of the greenbinmen.

chillitt
03-11-2008, 09:24 PM
They are probably so busy reading the sat nav that the lorry rumbles past and one of them says.... "Oh, wasn't that chillitt's place back there??" The other one says.... "I dunno mate. Too busy trying to find a new place to hide for a bit. - They found the last one."

You might need to paint it Tardis Blue and put a battery operated light on top. If nothing else it might attract the curiosity of the greenbinmen.

I bet if I put a plastic bag in my green bin, they would soon find that...(bin not emptied for over a month...)

Gladys
02-02-2009, 01:55 PM
I expect they're hidden now under layers of snow anyway. :)

cathidaw
07-02-2009, 12:47 PM
I hung my cardboard recycling bag onto the front gate to save it from being blown down the road the other week , when the van came. the man took ages foraging through the bag and I watched him throw out a chip tray and lots of chips and stuff onto my drive and lawn. .( Someone must have tucked them into the bag during the night as they passed the house.)
When I looked out later the birds were eating all the chips and bits of batter. When it had all gone Ipicked up all the paper and stuff. In future everthing will go in my black bin.----------except for any chips etc I may have, which I shall throw all over my front lawn and drive for the birds!!!!!!!!!!! :clapping::105::cool::clapping:

cathidaw
03-03-2009, 11:01 PM
I relented and decided to be a good gel after all, so I put out my brand new , strong, bright Yellow recycling bag filled with cardboard and paper, and hung it on the gate.
Next morning I happened to look out of my window and there was a council feller in yeller, rummaging through my bag, and scattering chips and fishy bits all over my drive and grass.--and greasy paper. Someone walking by the night before had popped them into the top of my bag
By the time I 'd got dressed he'd gone and the birds were having a party.
So it's back to normal now and I'm not going to be a good gel any more.

Gladys
07-07-2009, 02:14 PM
I just have to ttell you this. You think you've got problems in Warks. Well get a handle on this situation because I'm damned if I can.
Our household waste bin has lived happily at the rear of our house for many years. It shares its existence in a line outside our back gate with those belonging to our neighbours. We have lived here 5 years and in the early days of the Good old British Bin man, it used to be collected from inside our garden by a chappy who would say 'morning' etc If I happened to be in the kitchen and he would empty it in the lorry and return it, carefully shutting the gate behind him as he left.That practice stopped soon after when the advent of RECYCLING was brought in and our new recycling bin was dropped off. I didn't like it at the back and not much at the front either but decided to save space, the new recycling bin would be better at the front after all, Neighbours seemed on the whole to decide a similar action. Lazy days and time went by until :eek: " weeks ago with the stinking heat on the bin I noticed a swarm of flies and looked inside to find the household bin (at the back) was still full and had not been emptied. I duely contacted the Rubbish Department by email and waited for a reply. This came with a 'curt' need to let us know within 48 hours of non collection- this has been brought to our attention outside of that timeframe' Hopping mad I replied- That's OK if your here to know of Non-collection except I wasn't. What about people who are on holiday or a weekend away etc. No answer. Then 2 days later a bang on my front door. I opened it and infront of me was a surly man in white shirt and tie with his HiViz jacket on (Why in the heat I have no idea) a clip board and pen with his ID badge flapping round his neck. He represented The Bin people but may as well have called them the 'Bin Police'. He went on about how its no good having 2 bins in different places and they need to be either at the front or either at the back not one in each place. I told him this is where the household bin has always been etc and this is what suits us and where it will remain. He left saying he'd have to consult the manual on this one but would have the bin emptied for me ahead of the next collection.The next collection is due this coming Friday- 3 days hence and I am still waiting. We have taken our more recent bin bags to our local tip now because the other one is full.I'm nearly ready to blow:Protest_emoticon:

Shizara
07-07-2009, 02:57 PM
Mindboggling. The powers what be probably sent a memo out to the binmen to only make one pick up from one place as part of the council drive to cut costs because it takes longer to walk around and pick up the other bin. Of course no one thinks to advise the longsuffering council tax payer.

Gladys
07-07-2009, 04:27 PM
Mindboggling indeed, especially as they emptied the neighbours' bins. I didn't know there was a manual on such trivia. I wonder how long it took to write it and who actually did. I expect , it was The Bin Police himself!!!:Protest_emoticon: