| Author |
Message |
|
Lex
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am Posts: 14160 Location: Stratford
|
|
| Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:44 am |
|
 |
|
Gladys
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:58 pm Posts: 2371
|
It certainly is. Gaydon used to provide a lot of jobs but this is great news for Solihull.
|
| Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:55 pm |
|
 |
|
Lex
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am Posts: 14160 Location: Stratford
|
|
| Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:03 pm |
|
 |
|
rebbonk
|
On the surface good news.
However, L/R always had a long-term plan to employ contract labour only; so that they could set-on and lay-off as the market fluctuated, at minimal expense to themselves. Are these contract or fully employed by JLR?
|
| Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:12 pm |
|
 |
|
Lex
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am Posts: 14160 Location: Stratford
|
|
| Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:19 pm |
|
 |
|
rebbonk
|
Relocation from Gaydon to Baddesley. - I doubt many jobs will be new.
I also question the wisdom of the move, especially when TATA (the Indian parent company) doesn't seem to be doing too well in the UK. Though if the rail head is still at Baddesley I could see an attraction: they ought have developed the Solihull option on that one!
I wonder just what the plans for the space created at Gaydon would be used for?
|
| Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:28 pm |
|
 |
|
Lex
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am Posts: 14160 Location: Stratford
|
|
| Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:46 pm |
|
 |
|
rebbonk
|
I bet the locals will love this!
|
| Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:47 pm |
|
 |
|
Lex
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am Posts: 14160 Location: Stratford
|
It sounds like they do - not!
|
| Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:18 pm |
|
 |
|
rebbonk
|
IIRC this is the old Lucas Girling development site at Fen End?
Assuming I'm right, then I don't really think it is suitable without major works. The locals are being ridden rough-shod over by the council and JLR.
|
| Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:38 am |
|
 |
|
Lex
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am Posts: 14160 Location: Stratford
|
Jaguar's throwing more cash around. I doubt the new jobs will 'number in the thousands' though: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-35281771
|
| Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:21 pm |
|
 |
|
rebbonk
|
I'm very guarded about this one. It all seems very speculative PR type stuff at the moment.
|
| Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:32 pm |
|
 |
|
Lex
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am Posts: 14160 Location: Stratford
|
|
| Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:24 pm |
|
 |
|
rebbonk
|
Good luck to them.
|
| Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:00 pm |
|
|