View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 04, 2026 4:34 am



Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
 Improvements to Tollbar Roundabout 
Author Message
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14183
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Thank god the roundabout's being sorted out - it's a nightmare! There's some utilities work starting on Tuesday: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-27847827


Sun Jun 15, 2014 2:51 pm
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
It was always going to be a nightmare Lex. Incompetence and plain stupidity on a grand scale!

And now, the tax payer is paying to sort out the mess. I wonder if those responsible for the original cock-up have been punished in any way? - I'll bet they got promoted and are now screwing up even bigger road layouts!


Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:39 pm
Report this post
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14183
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
Or maybe retired off with a nice pension?


Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:13 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14183
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
More temporary changes to the road layout; It should all be over before the end of the year though: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/drivers-warned-over-tollbar-island-11625761


Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:32 pm
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
I'll reserve judgement until I see the finished article, but it really couldn't be worse than it was, could it?


Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:19 am
Report this post
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14183
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
I used to drive that way up to the M1, but since the roadworks started I've found alternative routes which avoid Coventry completely.


Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:49 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14183
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
Another step closer to the work being finished: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/tollbar-end-misery-nearly-over-12181703


Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:28 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14183
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
The roundabout has finally reopened - it'll be interesting to hear what people say about it. I've already heard a couple of complaints about the signage.


Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:57 am
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14183
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
Another 2 years of roadworks are set to start up the road in 2020: http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/first-tollbar-now-tgi-a46-12593116


Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:36 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14183
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
It's the TGI Island's turn next. I still avoid driving anywhere near Coventry if I can help it - far too stressful: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/a46-changes-could-make-your-14422238


Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:05 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Posts: 9613
Location: Coventry
Reply with quote
Post 
I came through Tollbar yesterday and couldn't even get on the road leading up to TGI's! It was an absolute nightmare and it was quite early - 4:15 ish.

Let's just say it was lucky I knew the back roads.

_________________
Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.


Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:47 pm
Report this post
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.