View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 2:59 am



Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Road Diversions amd Slow Hour Traffic.. 
Author Message
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:45 pm
Posts: 2338
Location: Nuneaton
Reply with quote
I was in Coventry yesterday and I couldn't believe the number of roads that had cones, signs suggesting roadworks and diversions - not to mention potholes in the roads. It was rush hour traffic time.... Rush hour eh? I think not. That term would appear to be out of context with the reality. Yes, there are lots of people - notably 1 per car - gridlocking the roads in their eagerness to get home and you cannot blame them for that. Bumper to bumper, lights seem to change after letting no more than a few cars through and in some cases 2 - 3 cars. But getting out of the area was easier said than done.

_________________
Cool :banana:


Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:51 am
Report this post
Profile YIM
Reply with quote
Post 
Tomorrow I shall go to Stratford. From Exhall it takes me half an hour or more to get to the end of Folehill road. 20 minutes later I reach Stratford, about 21 miles.
So many road works and potholes .it's unbelievable.
And they've had the money, so what have they done with it.


Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:26 am
Report this post
Reply with quote
Post 
Bedworth Road (between Oban Road and the city boundary) is being resurfaced over the next two weeks.


Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:13 am
Report this post
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
cathidaw wrote:
Tomorrow I shall go to Stratford. From Exhall it takes me half an hour or more to get to the end of Folehill road. 20 minutes later I reach Stratford, about 21 miles.
So many road works and potholes .it's unbelievable.
And they've had the money, so what have they done with it.


You'll be pleased to know that there aren't too many roadworks in Stratford at the minute. I just hope it isn't too cold and wet for you!


Sat Mar 16, 2013 4:21 pm
Report this post
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.