View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:47 pm



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Â£3.5 Million of Fake Goods Seized at Wellesbourne Market 
Author Message
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Unfortunately, the market has a long standing repuatation for this: http://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/news/almost-3-5-million-of-suspected-counterfeit-goods-seized-at-wellesbourne-market-1-7732829


Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:18 pm
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
Hardly helps with the present problems does it?


Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:56 pm
Report this post
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
Not really, but it never seems to stop people going.


Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:26 pm
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
I used to be a regular there many years ago. There were real bargains to be had, but even then you needed to know what you were buying.

On one visit, I stocked our freezer with meat for about £10 and the quality wasn't bad.


Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:55 pm
Report this post
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
There are definitely some deals to be had, but the fake goods dealers have spoiled things somewhat for me - on the rare occasions I go I find I can't trust any of the traders.


Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:26 pm
Report this post
Profile
Chatterbox
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 6:28 pm
Posts: 368
Reply with quote
Post 
Never liked stuff at markets. It is not a place I go to when they are in town, except maybe the farmers market.


Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:14 pm
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
I don't expect anything from markets but a fun expedition.
I believe most people who go know these 'branded' goods are quite likely to be fakes if they are a decent price,
I know it doesn't help the genuine traders- they moan but are still trading. I don't care, its the luck of the draw..
If they drop to bits when washed, or break easily -it is my own fault for buying . But I have bought some really good 'maybe fakes' which I still have today.
MENS socks which don't stay up, or tights with 3 legs, and once, some pillow cases which were stitched all round, we all still laugh about.
But I get some really good bargains. So it's pot luck. One of my bargains 5 years ago was a new-with guarantee Hoover vacuum cleaner which I use for upstairs, for £25.00, and £103 in my local Co-op.The same man still stands there with his vacs. 10 years ago I bought a 'branded' spin drier for £5 which I use occasionally and lend out if anyone needs to borrow it in emergency.
Every year I expect the newspapers to tell us the police have swooped again and everyone is once again horrified. All the newspapers need is a rubber stamp to let us know it's happened again.
Be adventurous- -use the markets.


Tue Dec 27, 2016 2:01 am
Report this post
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.