View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 11:00 pm



Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Help Offered to Understand Consumer Law 
Author Message
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
A valuable service being offered by WCC to help businesses get their heads round the new legislation: http://news.warwickshire.gov.uk/blog/2015/10/07/businesses-offered-help-to-understand-the-biggest-shake-up-of-consumer-law-in-a-generation/


Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:41 pm
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
I would like to see things like this rolled out to the general public. Many traders get away with poor service/goods because the consumer is ignorant.

I was at a well known store once where the assistant tried to sell me breakdown/replacement insurance. I politely declined, but she persisted. I then pointed out that what I was buying ought last at least 6 years and was covered under the EU laws. Stupidly, she tried to tell me that the law didn't apply. I then pointed out to her that she had just broken the law by trying to remove my consumer rights. At this point her manager whisked her away. I paid and as we left, Mrs Rebbonk hissed in my ear, "Don't you ever embarrass me like that again!" - Women!


Thu Oct 08, 2015 9:04 pm
Report this post
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
Apparently, it's consumer rights week: http://news.warwickshire.gov.uk/blog/2015/11/02/know-your-new-rights-in-national-consumer-week-2015/


Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:12 pm
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
I notice an exception on motor vehicles.

I once forced a well known local manufacturer to replace one under the warranty scheme. It was uphill and hard work, but in the end the replacement was the best vehicle I've ever had.


Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:42 pm
Report this post
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.