View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 10:38 am



Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Coventry's a 'Boom Town'? 
Author Message
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Has this bloke ever been to the city?

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-boom-town-15319108


Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:57 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Posts: 9594
Location: Coventry
Reply with quote
Post 
I doubt it Lex.

I go to the city centre once every couple of months. I go before 10:00AM. Half the shops aren't open and there are still rough sleepers around.

Whilst I don't believe the city is as bad as it was in the 80s, I certainly don't think it's 'booming'. But hey, we're glad of a bit of positive publicity for once.

_________________
Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.


Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:31 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
It certainly a change to hear someone saying positive about Coventry. I didn't know it's going to be European City of Sport next year.


Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:36 pm
Report this post
Profile
Established Member

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:34 pm
Posts: 214
Reply with quote
Post 
I don't go often but I am not ashamed to take people there now as I was a few years ago.

BY THE WAY....Bedworth is improving !!


Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:45 pm
Report this post
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.