View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 3:39 pm



Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Redevelopment of Pub 
Author Message
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
The flats might be really nice, although a bit on the small side: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/historic-victorian-pub-set-converted-14691093


Tue May 22, 2018 7:48 pm
Report this post
Profile
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 pm
Posts: 9599
Location: Coventry
Reply with quote
Post 
Great building, but a very dodgy area

_________________
Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.


Wed May 23, 2018 9:45 am
Report this post
Profile
Established Member

Joined: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:34 pm
Posts: 214
Reply with quote
Post 
Lex wrote:
The flats might be really nice, although a bit on the small side: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/historic-victorian-pub-set-converted-14691093


I have longtime friends in that area -and they love it, with not much if any, trouble.
These pubs should be done up and preserved. We need to be able to see-not just remember what Victorian buildings were really like.
The new design is what I call modern-ugly.and the rooms certainly will be miniscule.
The other houses will still be there surrounding it,-hundreds of them, unless the planners have ideas in their pipeline for use of students too in the future.
It grieves me that there is money for all this development for students, but there is never money to improve the housing situation for normal people.
Not everyone wants to buy.
There was nothing wrong with the old council house system , until they built the rubbishy post war estates, many of which are now due to be demolished. Yet, has anyone noticed the 1930s houses built by the council are still going strong, arguably with a few updates. Good solid dwellings.
I often think if I ever moved from my house which is far too big and the garden bigger, I'd rent. But I love it,even if I am knee deep in plants / weeds . and too many shady trees which cost a fortune to control.
And what would my birds and squirrels do without me?.


Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:08 pm
Report this post
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.