|
|
|
|
Page 1 of 1
|
[ 5 posts ] |
|
Bomb Squad Called to Coventry Property
| Author |
Message |
|
Lex
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am Posts: 14165 Location: Stratford
|
|
| Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:59 pm |
|
 |
|
rebbonk
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 pm Posts: 9599 Location: Coventry
|
I was listening to this on the local news this afternoon whilst Mrs R was doing the shopping. - I'm not allowed in the supermarket with her!
A couple of interesting points (may be fact or fiction) that I picked up...
The guy was a well known 'yob' and known for graffiting everywhere. But that being naughty with a rattle can was a big step away from messing with explosives.
He seemed to be somewhat a loner.
It was alleged that he had just converted to Islam.
I did notice that the programme host was treading very carefully with his words though.
_________________ Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.
|
| Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:18 pm |
|
 |
|
Lex
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am Posts: 14165 Location: Stratford
|
The suspect's been released on bail; I'm wondering if the crime under investigation isn't of the most serious kind: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-43907347
|
| Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:23 pm |
|
 |
|
rebbonk
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:10 pm Posts: 9599 Location: Coventry
|
It's the story of the 'distraction' controlled explosion so the authorities could get a goat out of the house that is still making me laugh.
_________________ Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.
|
| Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:59 pm |
|
 |
|
Lex
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am Posts: 14165 Location: Stratford
|
I thought that's what the reporter said on Midlands Today last night - I was convinced I hadn't heard correctly.
|
| Thu Apr 26, 2018 8:08 pm |
|
|
|
Page 1 of 1
|
[ 5 posts ] |
|
Who is online |
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest |
|
You can post new topics in this forum You can reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum
|
|