|
|
|
|
Page 1 of 1
|
[ 4 posts ] |
|
Royal Mail Sorting Office Demolition
| Author |
Message |
|
Lex
Pillar of the Community
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am Posts: 14165 Location: Stratford
|
This is the sort of thing that should be happening to sort the housing problem: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-35337751
|
| Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:19 pm |
|
 |
|
rebbonk
|
To be honest, I'd have thought that the building could've been reworked inside to convert it to apartments.
|
| Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:40 pm |
|
 |
|
cathidaw
|
It would have been the best thing to do,especially where it is,right near the town.No car needed but I'm afraid once again, big money has blinded our council. From what I hear,the money from the council levy on the construction company per square metre has won them over. They must make millions which they are allowed do do whatever they like with.It's time the money went into housing instead of flashy schemes. When do the council ever put people first. I'd like to know how much the levy is in Coventry.
|
| Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:19 pm |
|
 |
|
cathidaw
|
I see the council have decided not to excavate the Bishopgate site, the excuse being that everything was destroyed when the Mail building was built. I wonder who's decision it was. It is of major importance to the Coventry history book, But money is talking again as this will be for student accommodation, so 'let's get it built and quick'. It is a crying shame that this very substantial building has had to be demolished.The money it has cost would have been better spent changing it into apartments, whether for students or local people given the shortage of rentable homes.
|
| Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:17 pm |
|
|
|
Page 1 of 1
|
[ 4 posts ] |
|
Who is online |
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests |
|
You can post new topics in this forum You can reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot post attachments in this forum
|
|