View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 01, 2026 5:06 am



Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Uniersity to Open a Campus in Scarborough 
Author Message
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14172
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Why? As the cliche goes, look for the money and you'l find the answer: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-31797308


Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:43 pm
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
Quote:
"Excellence in higher education should not be constrained by geography".


As a product of Coventry University that makes me laugh like a drain.


Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:46 pm
Report this post
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14172
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
Me too! I did a HND a few years ago, which Coventry Uni. had franchised out to another college. My tutors were always complaining about organisational 'hiccups', and experiences a few myself. The worst incident was the university failing to send half the paperwork for one of my final exams.


Mon Mar 09, 2015 8:46 pm
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
Interesting Lex.

I did most of my university education 'after hours'. Coventry wasn't set up at all to deliver any kind of service to those that were outside the normal 9 to 5 routine.

Even more recently when I started a PhD things hadn't changed.

Having attended all of the (recent) former colleges within Coventry, Henley College was without a doubt the best, followed very closely by the old Technical College at the Butts. - But, neither were perfect and there was plenty of room for improvement.

I've been very fortunate in that I've never had to pay out of my own pocket for education. I think if I had, I'd have been making several demands for my money back.


Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:49 pm
Report this post
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.