View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 9:35 am



Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 
 Bus Crash in Coventry 
Author Message
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
A nasty looking incident, but could have been worse; I wonder what the cause was?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-34436360


Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:36 am
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
An absolute tragedy.

There's lots of speculation at the moment, but I've not seen anything I'd hand my hat on yet.

My heart goes out to all those involved in any way at all. You just don't expect this on a Saturday evening.


Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:55 am
Report this post
Reply with quote
Post 
Lex wrote:
A nasty looking incident, but could have been worse; I wonder what the cause was?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-34436360




That's odd, this report says that the bus driver was in his 5O's. When in another report elsewhere it states that he is 77 and a former Mayor of Leamington.

Poor little lad losing his life and the elderly lady, it is an awful tragedy.
I hope the 9 year old girl and others make a good recovery.


Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:25 pm
Report this post
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14165
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
Yes, I'd heard that the driver was 77 from several different reports, including the BBC!


Mon Oct 05, 2015 7:35 pm
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
The driver is a long standing employee and a former Mayor of Leamington. His age is given as 77 in most media reports now.


Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:02 pm
Report this post
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.