View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 4:23 am



Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 Fillongley Beach - government planning inspector wants it dismantled.. 
Author Message
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:45 pm
Posts: 2338
Location: Nuneaton
Reply with quote
Maybe I am missing the point, but I am struggling to see what the real issue is here. In Warwickshire we are many miles from the seaside and so for some it is a rare experience. It is said that it breaks the planning rules. If that is really the case then was there no opportunity for the owner to rectify any real problems??

_________________
Cool :banana:


Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:57 pm
Report this post
Profile YIM
Reply with quote
Post 
I spoke to many people who went there in the summer, and had planned to take my grandaughter this year.
A day at the beach in the Midlands-- an excellent idea. Not far to go and a good dayout in the long school holidays -for parents-- and grandparents-- too. Especially when they have exhausted the museums, zoo's, etc. and playschemes have finished..
I suspected that he had no planning permission at the start.
Knowing the council I dont think they could have coped with this new idea, and maybe he knew that and went ahead, Locals complained that it would eventually lead to noise and traffic polluting the area. Why didn't they--the council-- allow it , and then see what happened. They could then have assessed it. And..it wouldn't have cost them anything.
That doesn't mean we should be allowed to flout rules, but a bit of imagination on their part would have helped . I wonder how how many of them agreed to close it down,.... and also how old they are..


Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:57 pm
Report this post
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.