View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Sep 30, 2026 2:49 am



Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
 Coventry buses 
Author Message
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:20 am
Posts: 58
Location: Coventry
Reply with quote
Whose crazy idea was it to re-route some of Coventry's buses?
There used to be four buses an hour which stopped outside my door; now there is only one every half-hour.
When I last went to the dentist, the bus took me straight there and it was a journey of about ten minutes.
Now, if I wanted to go again, I would have to catch a bus into town and another one out again, taking about five times longer and, if I had to pay, costing twice as much!
No wonder people use their cars for even the shortest journeys - they will never entice people on to public transport if they keep playing these daft tricks!
And I bet the person responsible earned him/herself a big, fat bonus for cutting the cost of the drivers' wages bill and increasing the revenue from fares!
Am I the only one frustrated by this - please let me know what YOU think.

_________________
:) [font="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="4"][color="Purple"]M4gg1c[/color][/size][/font] :)


Mon May 29, 2006 11:55 am
Report this post
Profile
New Member
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:55 pm
Posts: 12
Location: Coventry
Reply with quote
 
:( yes i completely agree....i had a car for 2 years and now don't have one so using buses once again..the old adage of one never around and then 2 come along at once seems to be still true and then there is the really irritating thing of paying for a bus pass and not being able to use them on stagecoach and other buses which is annoying as would like to catch them sometimes but cannot unless i pay for them separately. However life is easier due to wonderful home deliveries by supermarkets now which makes big monthly shopping not such a pain so thats cool and saves me lots of wasted time - whey!! At same time would hate to be in area with cut bus services as not everyone can walk to the nearest bus stop which can be quiet significant and buses every half hour make waiting times potentially long which is not good in the cold so i do wish they would sort it out then maybe would not be saving up for a car again !!

_________________
:) http://www.meditateincoventry.org


Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:16 am
Report this post
Profile YIM WWW
Reply with quote
They re-routed the Warwickshire stagecoach buses by us too and we have up to 4 buses passing our house every half hour as they go to the top of the road turn round at the island then come back down again.

Co-incidentally both of our cars have been damaged leaving red and blue scrapes down the side - had no witnesses so Stagecoach won't admit liability - even though it's blindingly obvious - They frustrated me so much I thought I'd build a website for them - see for yourself Stagecoach Bus

They've cost me loads so far!!


Sun Jan 27, 2008 1:29 pm
Report this post
Community Senior

Joined: Sat Mar 04, 2006 4:31 pm
Posts: 995
Location: Stratford Upon Avon
Reply with quote
Post 
Hi asci,

If you report it to the police, I'm sure they will test the paint and match it up. Looking at those pictures, it seems pretty obvious they will be a direct match.

_________________
:blink: --==Forum Admin Will==-- :huh:
Your Friendly Forum Admin. - Contact me.


Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:49 pm
Report this post
Profile

Joined: Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:56 pm
Posts: 150
Reply with quote
Post 
I don't think the police will be interested in this, and I doubt they'd go to the expense of getting paint tested. Have you tried the small claims court?


Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:13 am
Report this post
Profile
New Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:56 pm
Posts: 5
Reply with quote
Post 
I Thimk The Coventry Buses/Routes are really good, they get you everywhere that you want to go. I have never had any problems with them. But then I do live on a Bus Route so that may make the Difference.


Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:19 am
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
living on a bus route must be perfect,
but if you have to walk a mile or so to the bus stop it's not funny
Many stops have been moved and it was not for the user's convenience.
Ithink the people who have made these decicions should have to use the buses for a month to see how difficult they have made it .


Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:11 am
Report this post
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 7 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.