View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 12:23 am



Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Car splits in two. 
Author Message
Reply with quote
I'm glad the family managed to escape unhurt.
Makes me wonder if the car was a cut and shut job.



http://officialwmas.wordpress.com/2014/11/22/car-splits-in-two-in-coventry/


Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:09 am
Report this post
Pillar of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:54 am
Posts: 14160
Location: Stratford
Reply with quote
Post 
Good grief, the car's a hell of a mess.


Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:46 am
Report this post
Profile
Reply with quote
Post 
I'm very glad that nobody was hurt, and I await more news on this one.


Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:37 am
Report this post
Reply with quote
Post 
Looking at the picture, it appears that the passenger cell remained intact. This is likely to be a design feature. In general, cars are designed to collapse and take damage around the passenger cell, which in turn is designed to be strong and protect the occupants.

I would be interested in seeing the design spec' of this particular model and of seeing how it stood up to crash testing during development. I think there's a lot to be learned.


Sun Nov 23, 2014 4:10 pm
Report this post
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 4 posts ] 

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Designed by ST Software.