Thread: University begins disciplinary action against students filmed partying on tables

Default University begins disciplinary action against students filmed partying on tables

Coventry University has begun disciplinary proceedings against students involved in the rave where around 200 people partied into the early hours at a hall of residence in the city.

The mass gathering at Arundel House in Whitefriars Lane, close to the main campus, took place in contravention of Government restrictions aimed at curtailing the spread of Covid-19.

Sharp condemnation followed from police, the university and politicians after a clip emerged online showing the packed crowd in the early hours of Tuesday (September 29).
    Full story: Coventry Telegraph

Not the smartest of moves from our alleged best and brightest.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

As always, a few idiots cause problems for everyone. A lot of the local lockdowns seem to be centred around universities - maybe the government was right in trusting algorithms rather than teacher's 'judgement' in deciding this year's A Level results? But then, there always seems to have been a 'stupid' element in the general population, teenagers included.

What's needling me, Lex, is that cases from schools and universities are known to be massively driving the figures up, yet hospitality (only responsible for a very small rise) has been unfairly punished due to flawed government thinking and policies.

Exactly! In the pubs I frequent, both staff & customers have been acting responsibly - keeping apart, using sanitizer & face masks. When I step out of a pub, one of the 1st things I see is a bunch of kids wondering about in a group, and not giving a s*** about anything (then whine about 'ruining their lives').

A challenge is being made to the curfew...

Owner and CEO of nightclub business G-A-Y Jeremy Joseph has launched a legal challenge to the Government’s 10pm national curfew on hospitality venues.
    Source: Morning Advertiser