Thread: Body Found in Freezer

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Body Found in Freezer

Not an incredibly well thought out way of trying to get rid of a body: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...parks-18826857

Wrapped and weighted in chicken wire fencing, then dropped into a very deep lake would be my preferred way. By the time the fishes had finished, there'd be little left. The weighed chicken wire would also stop anything floating upwards.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

How gruesome ! :

Talking of these matters brings to mind a case which I think you will find on youtube, 'Perfect Crime', and which it occurred in the UK some. years ago.
    There was a number of things about this that have always stuck in my mind. It was about a couple of fishermen, who were about 30 miles out of south Devon, almost into the Atlantic. They threw the fishing net overboard and hauled up with the catch a body. The deceased man was wearing a Rolex watch which seemed to be the only way of identifying him, apart from a small tattoo on his hand. A very switched on detective officer in Devon recalled that Rolex watches are usually serviced because people often keep them for many years. The record said that the owner was a Mister P. they traced his address somewhere in Essex and it was a couple of cottages. The police called at the wrong cottage apparently, and the owner said, Mr. P was the chap next door. When they spoke to the chap later, he said that he knew Mr. P. but had assumed his name for business purposes. Then unfolded the most extraordinary story of deception , and skullduggery that I have ever heard.You literally couldn't make it up. The man who was posing as Mr. P. was in fact a man on Canada's 10 most wanted list, and he had conned the poor Mr. P (and his girlfriend) into being the front for his nefarious activities - not known to them of course. He had sent them to Canada to try and get rid of them, but they didn't like it there and came back. He then persuaded the real Mr. P . go on his boat with him , where he the did him in with an anchor and chucked him overboard. He was eventually convicted of murder and extradited back to Canada. What got me about this was the incredible fact that hundreds of feet down, miles out virtually in the Atlantic the body was dredged up. What are the chances? Seriously. Would the crime ever have been discovered but for this? It's on You Tube. Just mind boggling.
    Last edited by margaret; 26-08-2020 at 02:37 PM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

I suspect that there are many 'perfect' crimes committed. I wonder how many disgruntled spouses quietly poison their other halves?

It's a fascinating subject to investigate.

I was once doing research on the perfect robbery for a storyline I was working on. Investigation via a council website led me to a full set of plans for a local money handling facility. Literally, everything was on the plans!

I also had an interesting discussion with a guy about how my protagonist might get hold of a gun. A few days later I was offered one, plus several rounds of ammunition! - I politely declined.

Again, carrying out research, a guy volunteered to me his part in smuggling cigarettes and how he had the local sales of foreign cigarettes tied up.

I've had many interesting conversations on money laundering, some ideas were absolutely brilliant.

I mix in very interesting circles!
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Wow.
    I think what many 'would-be' or 'wanna-be' malefactors fail to get is that virtually all internet, phone, etc traffic goes through GCHQ in Cheltenham. Only the other day there was some local guy running a pub who bought himself an 'encrypted' phone, started money laundering and was then arrested.
    Everything in the digital age is almost completely compromised, from internet banking to fraud, trafficking, drugs, people smuggling, you name it.
    Laundering in particular has destroyed the financial and huge parts of the commercial sector.
    The French have a good phrase which is outside photo booths for passports which sums it up.
    "Il ne faut pas rigoler avec vos photos d'identité."
    Translated various ways but the one I came up with;
    'The security state is no laughing matter.'