Thread: New Civic Centre & Library for Whitnash

Default New Civic Centre & Library for Whitnash

Good to see taxpayers' money being spent on something useful: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...itnash-2890062

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

The present library in Whitnash was never that busy when I went In there usually to use the photo copier.
    The internet section was never used much either. But with the new multi purpose venue I hope it will attract more people, with knitting groups, reading groups, games etc.. The Church halls are pretty active with groups, such as Zumba, Art classes, over 60's. clubs , Weight watchers groups. Mothers coffee morning groups, Local history talks, The WI. Which all have had to be suspended with social distancing. Hopefully they will start up again soon.

Luckily there is still a very good sub post office in Whitnash as the one down Bath street has gone, at least it looks pretty deserted down there.
    Last edited by margaret; 21-06-2020 at 09:31 AM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

The new hub seems quite a neat new building and think it is better to have the library included there.

Work seems to be progressing nicely: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...roject-3148137