Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Selling online

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Default Selling online

Has anyone ever had success selling an item online?

“I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

I've never sold anything online, Margaret. TBH, I usually give things away or take them to the charity shop. But, I do know others that sell online, a friends daughter makes a very good living out of it. - She buys for pennies at boot fairs then resells on ebay.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I asked because I am selling a piano. But worried about having to say where I live.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

It's always a risk, Margaret. Could you maybe sell to a local dealer or get someone like the Hasely antique people to take it and sell on commission?

I used to worry similarly when selling cars. I never had any problems, but I've always had big dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    It's always a risk, Margaret. Could you maybe sell to a local dealer or get someone like the Hasely antique people to take it and sell on commission?

I used to worry similarly when selling cars. I never had any problems, but I've always had big dogs.

Hasely antiques? are they online only?

- Lord Byron.

Margaret, my apologies, it's Hatton Antiques. Looks like it might have changed hands, but possibly still worth a call?

Linky thing

Might also be worth looking around the Warwick shops too.

The last piano we sold was over 40 years ago. It was my granddads and there was very little by way of interest. IIRC, we let it go to a Nuneaton dealer.

Ok thanks, Rebbonk. but the piano I'm selling isn't an antique though. It's a digital Yamaha, 6 years old. I have two piano's and want to sell one to make space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

- Lord Byron.

Is this interesting? They buy and a Yamaha is quite desirable...

Bonners

Great thanks Rebbonk. I have pm'd them on facebook.. just waiting for a reply. I wonder if they take acoustic pianos only. not electric.

- Lord Byron.

Have now received a reply , they could only take it if part exchange for another instrument that I want. So I'll have to have a think. Wish I"d known before.

- Lord Byron.

There's always craigslist, gumtree or even eBay.

I guess it depends on the amount of money. That's one reason why I used to part-ex cars once I started buying new.

I have an idea, I think I'll get a price from Bonner, there is something else I see that I would like as part exchange. The thing is I have two pianos and want to sell one for space. The one I\m selling is 6 years or so, and still in pristine condition, nice sound. I have the model above that one though. So maybe I could exchange for a portable that I could keep in a bag it would take up much less room. and can collapse the stand. So methinks that might just do for practice, keep It in another room. We shall see!
    Last edited by margaret; 28-05-2020 at 07:17 PM.

- Lord Byron.

OH, I got someone interested, from Piano for sale UK. facebook site. He came down from Derby and I sold it to him. He played it for a bit and was totally satisfied with the sound and quality. So thats it, a strange feeling when its gone, like saying goodbye to an old friend.
    Last edited by margaret; 29-05-2020 at 12:19 PM.

- Lord Byron.

Problem solved then.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    Problem solved then.
    Yes, I couldn't believe it was so quick. He said it was his son's birthday. Nice guy though he wore his face mask though he said he was fine didn't have any coughs or colds. Anyhow, I still possess a good piano, still a Yamaha, I don't think I will ever graduate to a Steinway! How wonderful it would have been to have started piano when I was very young. But I shall pootle along just fine into my dotage.
    Last edited by margaret; 29-05-2020 at 04:45 PM.

- Lord Byron.

We all need a hobby, Margaret. Currently, mine seems to be doing various courses on the internet. Each one adds just that little bit to my knowledge.