Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Virtual House Arrest

I stretched out listening to some good music. The late Mrs.R's Dr Hook, and my brass band music. - I bet the neighbours loved me! LOL
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Fantastic weather for Easter weekend. I've had my walk and shopping, and weeding in the garden. Got a few things for my neighbour. So no big drastic change having to be too confined.
    My son who is working at the hospital can't come and visit us for a few weeks more, or however long this will last, so we are talking on Skype. Which is nice.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Just spoken to my neighbour. He was expecting to go back to work around the second week of May, he now expects it to be the end of May.

Listening to all the news and analysts, my personal view is that we will see relaxation of this lock-down early/mid May, with the country returning to 'normal' by mid June. - Of course, unexpected events could change this.

What I have noticed though, a lot of power mad little Hitlers have come to the fore throughout this 'crisis'. Many people are showing their true colours. Faceache makes for interesting reading!

Has anyone managed to find any really reliable data about this whole coronavirus business? Virtually every piece I have has glaring holes in it or missing pieces. It really makes statistical analysis very difficult.

One of my pet grumbles at the moment is the fear factoring of the daily death rates. Those rates (interesting, but irrelevant in reducing lock-down) are lagging infections by about 2 weeks: they're also from a time when we were learning and experimenting with treatment. It's the daily infection rates and ICU admittance rates that are the most telling at the moment.

To be honest, apart from listening to the headlines once a day, I gave up on the news 3 weeks ago. The whole thing is not doing my blood pressure any favours.

I have to agree with you, Lex. The dog looked most disgustedly at me earlier as I blew a raspberry at the TV. They really do seem to be treating us like idiots.

Well , we are getting some conspiracists saying people are getting ill and dying from 5G , and not this Covid virus.

I just want to know when the hell this madness is all going to end. I'm getting fed up with it now.
    Last edited by margaret; 13-04-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Join the club, Margaret!

The biggest worry that I'm picking up on, is that if someone dies and there is the slightest suspicion that COVID19 is involved, they go down on the daily death toll.

I get the feeling that there are forces at work here that I don't fully understand, but I do know that a lot simply doesn't add up.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    Well , we are getting some conspiracists saying people are getting ill and dying from 5G....
    Absolutely true story Margaret...

In the early 80s, we had similar stories doing the rounds about microwave ovens. You can trace this back earlier, but in the 80s the Sun picked up on the story and headlined it. I bought a case of microwave leak detectors at £2.50 each. I sold them at £10, and couldn't keep up with demand. If my wife of the time hadn't started playing silly beggars, I might have become a millionaire!

People fear what they don't understand, people fear change.

On FB, some geek was trying to allay fears by trying to explain about non-ionising radiation from cell phones, microwaves , being less harmful .

So looked it up, and tried absorb what it all means.....

https://science.howstuffworks.com/radiation2.htm

However, my view is that this 5G lark is just not a necessary thing. Who needs faster and faster connection, and how is faster communications going to change the world. Its more like it is another spying system. Who is making money out of it. Not Us! It is all utterly bonkers to me.
    Last edited by margaret; 14-04-2020 at 08:57 AM.

- Lord Byron.

Margaret, 'follow the money' is always good advice.

5G has no attraction for me and I see limited use for it. But, if it's so good, if it's so fast, why do we even begin to think we need HS2? If 5G delivers on its promise, HS2 is largely redundant.

It's all about money. A select few stand to make vast amounts, whilst the rest of us pay for it and suffer the disruption.

I cannot vouch for the veracity of this site, but I stumbled on this earlier...

truepublica

It makes interesting reading.

Yes, interesting, but a Labour perspective. Always ready to twist the knife.
    And of course, Labour are squeaky clean!
    Last edited by margaret; 15-04-2020 at 04:32 AM.

- Lord Byron.