Thread: Warwick Bookshop.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Default Warwick Bookshop.

It would be a great pity if we were to lose a great bookshop in Warwick. These girls do care for there customers.

A resident in Warwick is urging the community to support their local book shop during these tough times.

Joan Barton, who has lived in the town for six years, says she is an avid reader and is hoping the community will rally to support their local book shop - Warwick Books.

Warwick Books, which is in Market Place, first opened in 2004 and was taken over by the current owners Mog and Pauline Giacomelli-Harris five years ago.

https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...sident-2539488
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

I love bookshops. Sadly, the internet is killing them off.

I foresee many businesses like this going out of business before our current problems are over. Which is a great shame becuse once gone, we are unlikely to ever see them return.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

I think you are right Rebbonk, and what is currently doing my head in is when either Mat Hancock ,
    or Rishi Sunak, keeps repeating ad nauseam to stay at home , Save the NHS, while they ignore businesses collapsing, shops doomed, along with the economy at this rate!

Yes stay at home if you are elderly, they don't want to treat you.
    Last edited by margaret; 15-04-2020 at 10:00 PM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

That's a great little shop - I've bought quite a few books there over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    Yes stay at home if you are elderly, they don't want to treat you.
    The old have never been wanted in our society. Once you are no longer economically active, the powers that be would love to be able to quietly dispose of you.
    Last edited by rebbonk; 16-04-2020 at 11:47 PM. Reason: added our
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.