Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

I've been to 3 different pubs so far in the last week, 1 was quite busy and 2 were really quiet. Fingers crossed my locals will be busy when they reopen tomorrow.

I did 4 afternoons, in my local. None were exactly busy.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Like all businesses, pubs need our support. Spending will help them keep financially viable but customers need to be mindful of what is required of them in this very surreal environment. Humans are adaptable, we can do it if we want to but some need a bit of encouragement. It is a difficult time for all and we are not out of the woods yet so using the businesses that are no allowed to open in a responsible way will help them survive. We don't need pubs closing down. I am not much of a drinker but like the odd pub meal so when I can will do that.
    Cool

The traffic arrangements are being changed in Stratford, thank God. The town's been even more clogged up than in normal times: https://www.stratford-herald.com/110...q_tgukfXkAfZPk

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    The traffic arrangements are being changed in Stratford, thank God. The town's been even more clogged up than in normal times: https://www.stratford-herald.com/110...q_tgukfXkAfZPk
    Thank God. Stratford was still clogged up this afternoon, though: https://www.stratford-herald.com/111...m-changes.html

Lex, I took a couple of them to task last week and got reported for racism!

My attitude now is to simply let the idiots get on with it. Sadly, they are scaring a lot of people because they don't understand the difference between covid and coronavirus.

Good grief, there's far too many leftie snowdrops in this world. Stratford was a lot better trafficwise this afternoon, anf there seemed to be more people in town too.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Warwickshire What's On

#CORONAVIRUS Boris Johnson has announced the maximum fine for not wearing a mask is to be doubled from £1,600 to £3,200 and fines of up to £10,000 are planned for "senseless" people who host or organise illegal raves that put lives at risk.

“I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

... and that's going to work?
    Cool

Nah.

Forget the emotion for a moment and wear an economist's hat. Now, why have we totalled our economy? - It simply doesn't add up. I must be missing something

Disorganised as it is, the government can't win. If it didn't close the country down it'd be getting (even more) grief about letting the virus spread; it's now getting grief for closing the country down to try & stop the virus & wrecking the economy. I doubt the government will get any credit when the economy starts to recover.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    Thank God. Stratford was still clogged up this afternoon, though: https://www.stratford-herald.com/111...m-changes.html
    Stratford was even more clogged up this afternoon than the last attempt at the traffic measures: https://www.stratford-herald.com/111...-measures.html

Lex,

I must disagree. No matter what happens, Bozza comes out smelling of roses. He's either done a great job or can blame the 'idiots' not following government advice. Isn't 'spin' wonderful?!

I notice local cases seem to be on the rise, but that might be something to do with more testing? Also, have you noticed how Coronovirus has been mixed up with covid? Covid is a Coronavirus, but all Coronaviruses are not Covid!

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

A front line Covid-fighting doctor in Birmingham believes the coronavirus is not now as deadly as at the start of the pandemic – and says there is no reason to fear a second wave.

Cases are once again rising across the Midlands and Birmingham's director of public health, Dr Justin Varney, said it was likely the city would feature in the national "watch list" of places most at risk of intervention within days.

But, while the number of positive test results are going up, the city's hospitals and GPs are not seeing a corresponding rise in people getting seriously ill.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...UFAdR0W8U97TvM

“I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.