Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Coronavirus

Default Coronavirus

You can't cure stupid!

Trouble is, this type of thing becomes contagious and the story becomes self-fulfilling. I honestly think it's irresponsible journalism. If we all acted responsibly there would be plenty to go round.

I'm stocked up (normal levels) and by the time I get round to doing my next 'large' shop I'll bet that the shelves are back to normal. If not, I'll buy a few copies of the Telegraph, cut the pages into small squares and use it for the only thing I see it fit for.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I'll probably buy a couple of copies of the Daily Mail and Express - that's all they're good for!

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

We only buy the Saturday Mail for the big crossword. There really isn't a decent newspaper now since Lord Rees-Mogg of famous memory, was the brilliant editor of the Times.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Good to see communities are not going to be beaten & people pulling together: https://www.leamingtoncourier.co.uk/...-teams-2531650

The people are scared, and scared people do silly and unpredictable things. The government should have nipped this in the bud.

I first saw reports linking 5G just after Wuhan escalated. Had the government been proactive and acted then, these attacks would likely not have happened.

I really feel that Johnson's government has not acted as they ought have done. I know, easy to criticise hind sight is perfect, and they've not faced this type of thing before. But they did know at some point we were likely to face this type of scenario. I think an enquiry after the event will highlight several governmental failings.

Apparently, my son who lives in Warwick counted about 37 planes going over on the way to Coventry airport, did anyone else hear them??

''Uk government had a consignment of 400,000 gowns to be flown in from Turkey by Sunday, I wonder if I witnessed that last night. Between 9:20 to 9:50pm approx there was a long line of planes in the night sky going in the direction of Coventry. I counted up to 37 planes at least.''
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

- Lord Byron.

Wrong side of the city for me Margaret, but there is quite a large freight and postal hub there.

Once again, 'follow the money' seems to be good advice. Looks like Whitty might have to go!
    Last edited by rebbonk; 20-04-2020 at 12:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lex View Post
    I got a phishing email about this last week. It was an obvious scam, so I just deleted it: https://www.rugbyadvertiser.co.uk/ne...online-2545515

I've had several threatening to expose my browsing and show footage of me 'pleasuring' myself whilst doing so. I'm tempted to respond along the lines of, "Please tell the world I'm not past it and I'm bl**dy proud that at my age all my bits are still in a working condition!" But I just delete them.

I used to bait these scammers unmercifully, but can't be bothered these days. One of my best was featured on 419eaters, I had this guy going for weeks. He was mightily upset in the end when he found I wasn't a page three lovely with a rather large motor yaght.

Another idea for using an emergency to crack down on Civil Rights: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-52401763

And the sheeple walk into it with their eyes closed. How long before we're RFID chipped at birth?

These people play on our fear & panic, and we just follow them without a thought.