Thread: Filming on location.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Smile Filming on location.

It looks like this new film 'Belgravia', due out this month , was partly filmed in Leamington Spa, as you can see a quick clip at the beginning.

Delve into the scandalous lives of London’s grandest neighbourhood. From the producers of Downton Abbey, get ready for new drama #Belgravia ��
    Coming this March to ITV.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Might be worth watching.

I'm not into this sort of TV myself, but it costs a lot of money to make so I hope it's a success.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    I'm not into this sort of TV myself, but it costs a lot of money to make so I hope it's a success.
    I don't have TV, but bits of Leamington Spa features in many films/or sitcoms, such as Keeping up Appearances, Upstairs Downstairs, and Pride and Prejudice, or such. I love the white buildings against the blue sky.
    Last edited by margaret; 02-03-2020 at 08:17 AM.
    “I doubt sometimes whether a quiet and unagitated life would have suited me - yet I sometimes long for it.”

- Lord Byron.

Keeping up appearances was filmed around the corner from me when I was married. I also grew up quite close to where Onslo's place was and to where they filmed The Italian Job. - In fact I remember those sewers going in, we used to creep into them and play before they were used.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Yes, I remember that being mentioned Keeping up Appearances was mainly filmed in Coventry.

Keeping Up Appearances Filming Locations
    117 Heather Road, Binley Woods, Coventry, Warwickshire, England, UK (Hyacinth's House)
    3 Michell Close, Stoke Aldermoor, Coventry, West Midlands, England, UK (Onslow and Daisy's house)

Loved that comedy.

- Lord Byron.