Thread: Stabbing in Nuneaton

Default Stabbing in Nuneaton

Not a pleasant end to someone's Christmas: https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...eaton-17480188

I thought we were going to get tough on knife crime? We obviously aren't tough enough if people are still carrying them.

Stabbings used to be very rare, these days they're so common. Our society is decaying so rapidly
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

Possibly drugs related.

Quote Originally Posted by margaret View Post
    Possibly drugs related.
    That would be my take on it Margaret. Many crimes these days come down to drugs one way or another.

I wonder what would happen if we just legalised them and let the treasury take a cut via tax? Would it stop the crimes, or would we see a different surge?

Quote Originally Posted by rebbonk View Post
    That would be my take on it Margaret. Many crimes these days come down to drugs one way or another.

I wonder what would happen if we just legalised them and let the treasury take a cut via tax? Would it stop the crimes, or would we see a different surge?

My own concern is, I don't think they should legalise class A or B drugs. If there were legalised would they not be very expensive, controlled drugs, there would still be a problem obtaining them.
    I don't fancy encountering someone in the street who is out of their skull, high on drugs and maybe a bit aggressive, goodness knows what they might do.
    Perhaps I am getting it all out of proportion, I don't know why the answer is for the best.

Unhappy

Not long ago, I had seen a bloke displaying odd behaviour in Leamington while I was waiting for a bus, I did not feel very safe. They guy was pacing up and down round and round, about to cross road then changed his mind. He seemed a bit deranged and shouting. I didn't feel at all safe, so I stood just outside the Old Library, where there were other people until my bus came.

I occasionally come across people like that. Drink is usually involved; once in a while, sadly, mental illness is involved.

Unfortunately, the so called 'legal' highs can cause a lot of behaviour like you're describing