Thread: Does a conservatory add value to your house

Question Does a conservatory add value to your house

Im thinking about extending my house with a conservatory.

Budgeting for about 7 - 8000 pounds.

But generally, how much would it put onto the value of the house?

Is it worth the investment?

I bought a house with a conservatory and think that it definitely adds value. It is in effect an extra room, hence added value. Great for Summer "sessions"!!

jackrobin

Hello guys,

Conservatories means all- in -one. You don’t have to look for another. Everything what you wish for the new house is available under one roof. Glamour, elegance are added to your taste. Conservatories in your house speak louder than words.

cathidaw

I have been told by an estate agent aquaintance that a consrvatory does not add the value that one has paid, but it is more likely to help sell the house quicker.

rmarley

Default Home Conservatory

To make a good looking home with well designed interior as well as exterior design home conservatories like upvc conservatories and glass conservatory are some of the best options.

don

Try adding underfloor heating, but go for electrical and not central heating as this is more effective. Also, add blinds as these are great in all seasons. www.conservatories-planning.co.uk proved invaluable to the set up and building of my conservatory

alexer

Hi,
    First of all check the ceiling for house prices in your area, it may be that you can't add further value by adding a conservatory. You can increase the living space if the design and planning is well thought out and it will always be a sellingg feature in the future.

Pubs for Sale

Morisson

Just like Don said before, for a conservatory to become a nice habitable space it needs good insulation, and blinds provide just that – you will need window blinds for both the sides and the roof of the conservatory to prevent it from becoming a freezer on winter and an incubator during summer- here i that I believe will give you all the info you need in choosing the right type of blinds for your conservatory.
    Last edited by Margaret; 26-07-2013 at 05:59 AM.