Thread: New Rail Franchisee

Default New Rail Franchisee

I very rarely use trains these days, so it'll not affect me.
    Of course it'll fit, you just need a bigger hammer.

I only travel on a train a couple of times a year up to Birmingham - it's easier than driving there.

I often used to use rail to and from Birmingham airport when I worked. I really can't say it was a particularly enjoyable experience.

Pillar of the Community margaret's Avatar

I like the train journey up to Scotland, from Leamington Spa, you can get one that goes straight through. Though I did mention when we travelled up to Norwich by train it took the same length of time more or less. The connections to Norwich are just awful, and we had to change twice. I hope the new train services will be a bit more efficient and put an extra coach on when needed, Virgin never used to to that. I remember being cram packed on a Virgin train getting home from London, and it was late evening, It can be very dangerous packing people in, if some poor soul had a heart attack or felt ill or something it would be extremely difficult administering aid. Virgin never maintained the toilets and the doors used to open when you were sat on the throne.
    Last edited by margaret; 01-12-2019 at 12:58 PM.

I often used to have to stand on my Virgin journeys. Bit off when you've paid for a ticket.

But there are lots of scams worked by those in the know. For example, when travelling into Birmingham in the morning I used to get the ricketty, old, single carriage Lincoln train. It was cheap and usually had plenty of room on it. It stopped at the NEC, then went on to New St and then off to Lincoln by whatever route. The stop at the NEC was interesting. Plenty of people got off and crossed the platform to catch the Virgin train that was heading up north. I questioned one commuter about this and was told that by the time the Virgin train had reached the NEC the ticket inspector had finished, so they knew they could switch trains with minimal fear of being caught.